about Mary Appelhof

Neil Seldman

May 19, 2024, 9:17:44 PMMay 19
to GreenYes
Dear Recyclers,

I am writing a tribute to Mary Appelhof who was a pioneer in our Recycling Movement in the area of biology and vermicompsting.  She has been acknowledged by Wikipedia and I am writing a piece for the US Recycling Archives. The editors --- Dan Knapp, Mary Lou Van Deventer and Susan Kinsella --- are developing a section of the Recycling Archives for our heroes who passed away before we started documenting the life stories of early leaders and adopters.

Please forward any remembrances and pictures of mementos of Mary to me and I will integrate them into the Recycling Archives entry for Mary.

FYI, one other entry will be on Murray Fox which I wrote several years ago just before he passed away at 93.  https://ilsr.org/articles/murray-j-fox-the-johnny-appleseed-of-u-s-recycling/

Be well, Neil