400 million tons: a better breakdown?

emsees

Mar 18, 2024, 3:24:50 PMMar 18
to GreenYes
Lately there's a lot of articles going around in relation to recycling
talking about how there's approximately 400 million tons of plastic
generated each year. But the articles seem short on data or any in
depth thought on the subject. I'm wondering who would have the best
statistics on how that 400 million tons breaks down across resin types
and purposes? I'm trying to figure out how much of that is actually
recyclable single use plastics and which resins, because clearly a lot
of plastic production are plastics used in items that are designed to
be in use for decades and decades such as drain pipes, water supply
pipes, toys, electronics, non-wear car parts, medical equipment and
the like.

thanks

--
MS