Fwd: ZeroWasteSD Action Needed: Yes on SD Meaure B

rican...@aol.com

Oct 25, 2022, 6:42:56 PM10/25/22
to zerowa...@googlegroups.com, gree...@googlegroups.com

From: Laura Anthony <lanth...@gmail.com>
To: zerowa...@googlegroups.com; environ...@meetup.com <environ...@meetup.com>
Sent: Mon, Oct 24, 2022 10:02 pm
Subject: ZeroWasteSD Action Needed: Yes on SD Meaure B

Please help us amplify this message by sharing it with your social media networks anytime up until November 8th.

On November 8th, the City of San Diego has an amazing opportunity to amend the municipal code so that all city residents receive comparable trash and recycling service. Currently, all single family residents receive "free" trash pickup, while the multi-family and commercial buildings have to pay for a private hauler. This is not fair or equitable.  If passed this measure will allow the City to open up the opportunity to free up funds to provide services like organics by creating a Pay As You Throw payment structure. The City of San Diego is one of the only Cities in the nation that provides "free" service to their single family residents. It is time to stop incentivizing waste and start creating an infrastructure that   promotes a zero waste economy. #YesOnSDMeasureB

Please use the below social media toolkit to quickly post your messages through, instagram, facebook, twitter and linkedin.

We have create a series of graphics including videos/reels

Also, I could use some support on NextDoor App.

If you have any questions please let me know and thank you for your support.

thanks,

Laura Anthony
Director
Zero Waste San Diego
www.zerowastesandiego.org

Register Now for the National Zero Waste Conference on Nov 30-Dec 1, 2022