9 Days Left to Submit Abstract for NERC’s Fall 2021 Conference
SUBMISSION DEADLINE - JULY 9
The Northeast Recycling Council invites all who are interested in presenting at its virtual Fall Conference on October 12 - 13 to submit a presentation abstract.
NERC’s Conferences are unique in that they provide an opportunity for government and industry to discuss the issues considered the most important and timely for advancing toward a circular economy. The Conferences attract an expert speaker pool and a diverse audience of government, industry, non-profits, consultants working in sustainable materials management, and students interested in recycling issues.
NERC is seeking abstracts about the following topics:
o Solar panels
o Repair and refurbishment of consumer goods (business and community models)
o C&D materials and markets
o Replacing single use plastics with reusables
o Simplifying compostable vs. biodegradable, & efficacy of labelling
o Reducing food waste
o Food rescue efforts to address hunger
o Federal recycling policies
o Status of Northeast state’s sustainable materials management bills (reuse, recycling, composting, etc.)
o Impact of recycled content requirements on end markets
o Creating inclusivity in EPR systems
- Transportation Issues & Impact on Recycling Industry
Abstract Submission Requirements (All items listed below must be submitted in order for the submission to be considered complete.)
- Abstract (350 words or less sent as a Microsoft Word or PDF file
- Detail the proposed presentation content and specify the topic listed above in which it fits.
- Specify if and when you have presented the topic at another event (include event name, location, and date)
- Speaker bio & contact information (cell phone number and email address)
- Headshot (JPG file)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 9
Send Submissions to Mary Ann Remolador, NERC’s Assistant Director & Events Organizer – Feel free to call with any questions at 802-451-8852. Thank you.