Abstracts Due Friday for NERC’s Fall 2022 Conference
The Northeast Recycling Council invites you to submit an abstract about one of the topics listed below for its Fall Conference on November 2 - 3 in South Hartford, Connecticut.
NERC’s Conferences are unique in that they provide an opportunity for government and industry to discuss the issues considered the most important and timely for advancing toward a circular economy. The Conferences attract an expert speaker pool and a diverse audience of government, industry, non-profits, consultants working in sustainable materials management, and students interested in recycling issues.
Only abstracts that relate to one of the topics listed below will be considered.
Food Waste Reduction
· Food and waste reduction strategies and implementations
· Incentives for food waste reduction
· Partnerships with food rescue organizations
· C&D reuse & deconstruction
· Repurposing movement
· Other reuse successes
Market Development & Support
· Supply and demand balances
· Product design standardization for recyclability
· Partnerships that achieve quality recycling outputs
· Market development programs
· Raw material subsidy impacts on markets
Relationship Between Materials Management & Climate Change
· Source reduction to reduce use of natural resources
· Impacts of food waste reduction on climate change
· Consumption’s impact on climate change
Abstract Submission Requirements
All items listed below must be submitted in order for the submission to be considered complete.
No more than two abstracts will be accepted from one person/organization.
1. Abstract (350 words or less sent as a Microsoft Word or PDF file)
a. Detail the proposed presentation content and specify the topic listed above in which it fits.
b. Specify if and when you have presented the topic at another event (include event name, location, and date)
2. Speaker bio & contact information (must include cell phone number and email address)
3. Headshot (JPG file)
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 24
Send Complete Submissions to: Mary Ann Remolador, NERC’s Assistant Director & Events Organizer – Feel free to call with any questions at 802-451-8852. Thank you.