EPA anticipates awarding up to $2 million in total AD funding. Individual projects could be in the range of $50,000-$200,000 for the funding period of two years.
All applications must achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- Develop new or expand existing AD capacity for processing food waste.
- Demonstrate solutions and/or approaches for increasing food waste AD utilization that can be replicated by other communities, governments, or other entities.
- Support state, Tribal, and/or local government programs that seek to use AD to increase their food waste diversion rates.
The following entities are eligible to apply:
- State, local, Tribal, interstate and intrastate government agencies and instrumentalities; and
- Non-profit organizations (as defined by 2 CFR Part 200) that are not 501(c)(4) organizations that lobby, including non-profit educational institutions and non-profit hospitals.
In addition, up to approximately $800,000 of the estimated total will be set-aside specifically for awards to the following organizations:
- U.S. territories;
- Tribal governments;
- Tribal colleges and universities; or
- Eligible organizations located in persistent poverty counties.
Applications are due by October 7, 2021. Additional information is available on Grants.gov, under Funding Opportunity Announcement EPA-OLEM-ORCR-21-02.
For more information on this opportunity, and to join the informational webinar (August 2, 2021, from 3:00-4:00 pm ET) visit the EPA Anaerobic Digestion Funding Opportunity website.
Learn about other EPA Resources and Possible Funding Opportunities Related to the Food System here.