Resources to share to help simplify the winter holidays

Kelley Dennings

Oct 14, 2022, 5:23:34 PM10/14/22
to bffp-us-z...@breakfreefromplastic.org, circular-e...@googlegroups.com, consma...@conbio.org, ctrecycle...@googlegroups.com, Unknown, epp...@googlegroups.com, gree...@googlegroups.com, reducereus...@googlegroups.com, nmrec...@googlegroups.com, r4-acti...@googlegroups.com, RECYC-L, recyclingm...@googlegroups.com, sco...@googlegroups.com, zwca...@googlegroups.com, BFF...@breakfreefromplastic.org
*Sorry for cross-postings

Hello,
Below you will find a number of valuable resources created by the Center for Biological Diversity as part of our Simplify the Holidays campaign.
  • Nov. 1 webinar invitation –  Just after the Halloween candy is gone, we start to think about winter holiday gift-giving. Join the Center for Biological Diversity for a webinar on Nov. 1, 2022, from 12:00-1:00 pm ET that includes tips, tricks and hacks for having a low-waste and less stressful holiday season. Register here - https://bit.ly/3CoCZ3b (Let us know if you’d like us to speak about this topic at one of your virtual events)
  • Holiday Survey - To better understand the holidays, we’ve created a 3-minute survey about traditions and gift-giving. Help us build better campaigns by taking the survey here - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/82MKZ68 (Feel free to share with others)
  • Soliciting advice - ’Tis the season to be more Earth-friendly and this year we're looking for holiday tips from YOU! Whether it’s plant-based food tips, sustainable décor, or Earth-friendly hosting, we'd love to share your advice on how you #SimplifyTheHolidays - https://bit.ly/2Z6i1Fl
  • Social media shareables – Looking for pre-made social media posts and graphics to use regarding alternative gifts and simplifying holiday entertaining? Feel free to use the content found here - https://bit.ly/3n7tAEb
  • SoKind wishlist service - Make sure to check out SoKind which is now mobile-friendly and has new gift guides - https://sokindregistry.org/
  • More to come: Updated holiday statistics and a winter holiday pledge!
Please reach out if you have any questions and we appreciate your help amplifying these efforts.
Kelley

P.S. Not holiday related but...

Oct. 31 webinar invitation - Build resilience with gender empowerment, sustainable food and reuse policies - Staff from the Center for Biological Diversity, Upstream Solutions and the Environmental Law Institute will discuss the use of climate plans to build climate-resilient solutions around food systems, reuse / refill solutions, and gender empowerment as a free side-event to the Planetary Health Alliance conference. Research will be shared that summarizes the inclusion of these topics into sustainability and climate plans and resources will be offered for others to build upon this work through practical policy recommendations. Register here - https://bit.ly/3S4Hq8B

Kelley Dennings, PMP, MPH, CPH, FPHW
she/her/hers

Center for Biological Diversity (my day-job)