CFP EnA-HPC 2012: New submission deadline: May 6th, 2012

Timo Minartz

Apr 24, 2012, 2:59:53 AM4/24/12
to greencomp
Please apologize for multiple copies of this posting.

CALL FOR PAPERS

3rd International Conference on
Energy-Aware High Performance Computing
(EnA-HPC 2012)
http://www.ena-hpc.org/

Hamburg, Germany, September 12-14th, 2012

NEW Submission deadline: May 6th, 2012

Power provisioning and energy consumption become major challenges in the
field of high performance computing. Energy costs over the lifetime of
an HPC installation are in the range of the acquisition costs. Green
IT became the latest hype and promises to solve the problem, however,
it is beyond the realm of HPC.

The greening of HPC is a new research field that attracts many
scientists. Up to now we see different approaches on different
abstraction levels in an HPC environment. For example, vendors work on
power efficient processor architectures and software developers on
mechanisms of how to trigger them. However, there is no integrated
approach yet that would show ways of how to operate an HPC environment
in an energy efficient way.

The Third Conference on Energy-Aware High Performance Computing
(EnA-HPC) aims at bringing together researchers, developers, users and
vendors to discuss the energy issue in HPC and to present novel
solutions to tackle the problem of energy efficiency.

Through the presentation of contributed papers, vendor contributions,
and invited talks, attendees will have the opportunity to share ideas
and experiences to contribute to the improvement of energy efficiency
in high performance computing. This year we are looking forward to a
keynote talk by Kirk Cameron, Virgina Tech on "The Powers That Be (in HPC)".

Topics of interest for the conference include, but are not limited to:

* Applications: How to develop energy-efficient algorithms?
* Modelling: How can we model the overall energy consumption
of an HPC environment for given applications?
* Simulation: How can we simulate the behavior of energy saving
concepts for HPC environments?
* Benchmarking: How can we benchmark the program/architecture
energy efficiency?
* Measurement: How can we measure relevant data in the
hardware/software environment?
* Analysis: How can we understand the measured data and deduce
means to mitigate the energy problem?
* Deployment of mechanisms: How can we reduce energy consumption
by changing the HW/SW-environment?
* Deployment of new hardware: Energy optimized processors, network
components, storage components etc.
* Facility issues: How can we optimize our computer room for optimal
power efficiency?
* Business concept: How to budget raising electricity costs?

The conference series started in 2010 in Hamburg and attracted about 60
researchers and professionals who are interested in that field.
Conference proceedings were published in Springer's journal "Computer
Science - Research and Development". After another successful conference
in 2011 we will follow the same format in 2012.

The early registration fee is 380 euro and covers the 3-day conference,
the workshop and social events.
If you register after July 8th, the registration fee is 450 euro.
The online registration opens at May 2nd.

IMPORTANT DATES

Full Paper Submission: May 6th, 2012
Acceptance Notification: May 21st, 2012
Camera-Ready Submission: June 3rd, 2012
Early Registration Deadline: July 8th, 2012
EnA-HPC Conference: September 12-14th, 2012

For further Information please see the conference website:
http://www.ena-hpc.org/

General Chair:
Thomas Ludwig, University of Hamburg

Program Committee:
Cosimo Anglano, Universita del Piemonte Orientale, Alessandria, Italy
Costas Bekas, IBM Research - Zurich, Rueschlikon, Switzerland
Dzmitry Kliazovich, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Laurent Lefevre, INRIA, University of Lyon, France
Matthias Mueller, Technische Universitaet Dresden, Germany
Jean-Marc Pierson, Universit� Paul Sabatier, Tolouse, France
Simon McIntosh-Smith, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK

Local Organizing Committee
Timo Minartz (co-chair), University of Hamburg
Michaele Hensel, German Climate Computing Centre (DKRZ), Hamburg