GEARs Scheduled Rides for Week of July 15th & Beyond!

Larry Diffie

Jul 14, 2024, 6:31:56 PM (yesterday) Jul 14
to GEARs

Hello GEARs Group,

 What a week, in the National News and with Riding!  Don’t worry, I’ll stick to discussing the Riding part………

I know many of you have found your way up McKenzie Pass already, but thanks goes out to Steve Hecker who led 16 other Riders up and back down on a warm, warm Tuesday morning.  Some people, like Gary Rider decided to Ride up a couple of weeks ago during a blizzard (in July ???).  Well, it was a much cooler day and Gary shared that it took him quite a while to warm up sitting as close to the heater as he could get in his car.  While he did not complete McK Pass on that day, he did get it done on Steve’s Ride!  Perseverance Gary!  Way to go!!!  I love the will and intent of many of our Riders!  There is something about Riding that just keeps us coming back!!

Here's what’s scheduled for this coming week & Beyond:

Tomorrow, Monday, July 14th, at 8:30 a.m., Mike will be leading our “Slo-Mo Monday” Riders (10 to 12 mph) on our Scenic Springfield route, 24 miles, 536’ gain.

On Tuesday, July 16th – something about Hills and possibly some climbing?  Ha-ha!  It’s Tuesday, so the answer is “Yes!”

At 8:30 a.m., Sue will lead our Morning Climbers, out and about and over and around local hills, 25 to 50 miles, Level C.  Join Sue and experience her love of climbing firsthand!

At 6:00 p.m., Steph is back leading our “Let Me Breathe Some Fresh Air and Bust Some Stress Out of My System” 14 to 16 mph Riders up Fox Hollow via McBeth with a touch of Dillard just to top off the Ride!  28 miles, 2183’ gain.  Come on and work it on out – Worker-Bee or not!

On Thursday, July 18th, anticipate slight modifications to our morning (8:30 a.m.) Ride(s):

Right now, there is a Scheduled 10 to 12 mph Ride to McKenzie View & Sunderman, 35 miles, 781’ gain; however, we might be missing a Ride Leader, in which case might mean we will cancel this Ride.

Richard will lead the previously advertised 13 to 15 mph to the now 12 to 14 mph out McKenzie View, 39 miles, 1049’ gain – this Ride is a go!

Steve Husak will lead 16+ Riders out River Rd. Oakly, Cox Butte, 49 miles, 652’ gain.

Our Evening Ride, at 6:00 p.m., Angie will lead our “Thursday’s Gone and the Weekend is A Day Away” Riders out McKenize View Dr, 25 miles, 543’ gain, 14 to 16 mph.

On Saturday, July 20th:

At 8:30 a.m., Bob and I will lead 13 to 15 and 10 to 12 mph Riders (respectively) out Alvadore via Milliron, 36 miles, Level A.

At 8:00 a.m., Steve Savich will lead 16+ Riders down to Drain (town) to Wolf Creek, 104 miles.

On Monday, July 22nd, at 8:30 a.m., Mike will lead our “Slo-Mo Monday” Riders (10 to 12 mph) out to Upper Camp Creek & Back, 27 miles, Level B.

And Beyond:

Da “bRamble” is coming to town!!  You’d better watch out!  It’s ok to shout, cause Da “bRamble” is coming to town!  It will be here before you know it!  There is still time to volunteer or sign up and Ride!

Christmas Lights Rides!

Be safe out there – it is still on the hot side!  Water and Sun Screen!  My Dermatologist told me that I didn’t need to come back for a year.  You younger folks be wise and avoid what their eyes may find!  Scrapping and cutting the skin is not my idea of fun!

Delivered by Dif!  WhatstheDif? – you are/we are!  Make a difference!