Fwd: TOMORROW: M4A Call-In Day of Action!

Craig Brooks

May 10, 2023, 4:00:10 PM5/10/23
to GreatNorthernHealth

Craig Brooks
Buffalo City

Begin forwarded message:

From: Healthcare-NOW! <em...@healthcare-now.org>
Date: May 10, 2023 at 2:20:29 PM CDT
To: Craig Brooks <craig....@gmail.com>
Subject: TOMORROW: M4A Call-In Day of Action!

Healthcare-NOW Logo
Make the Call & Tell Your Story!

As we let you know last week, the Medicare for All Act is about to be reintroduced in the House and the Senate, and the deadline for legislators to sign on as original cosponsors is Friday!

We want to make sure that as many legislators as possible sign on, and the best way to do that is for folks like you to call your elected officials and tell them why winning Medicare for All is so important to you, your families, and your communities.

TOMORROW, May 11th, along with many of our national partners in this campaign, we will be holding a Call-In Day of Action to flood the phones on Capitol Hill with constituents demanding real healthcare justice!

Our friends at National Nurses United have set up two hotlines that will connect you directly with your legislators! Dial the numbers below to reach the Senators and Congresspeople who represent your zip code.

Senate Hotline: 202-519-0494

House Hotline: 202-858-1717

Once you've made your calls, don't forget to let us know how they went be filling out the Report Back Form here!

Need more information about the bills or the cosponsor process? Check out our updated toolkit here.

Lead sponsors Representative Pramila Jayapal and Senator Bernie Sanders are coordinating a joint release of the new bills, which means we'll have an opportunity to really raise the visibility of our cause! Stay tuned for more updates on events and different ways you can participate on the big day!

In solidarity,

Ben and Gillian
Healthcare-NOW staff

Donate to Healthcare-NOW
Volunteer for Medicare for All
Follow us on Twitter

Healthcare-NOW is a grassroots organization that fights to end the healthcare crisis by educating and advocating for improved Medicare-for-All legislation. You can unsubscribe from Healthcare-NOW's email list here.

View as a Web Page

Healthcare-NOW
1534 Tremont St.
Boston, MA 02120-2929
United States

oa...@centurylink.net

May 12, 2023, 10:58:12 AM5/12/23
to GreatNort...@googlegroups.com

Craig,

A Minnesota activist reminded me about this and asked that I forward it on to my network of two dozen activists here.  I was happy to do so.

I used HealthCare-NOW’s toolkit provided in the alert, and I am impressed how well it worked to explain the good strategy to use and where to provide a report to the organization about the three calls I made.  I was able to talk to my Congresswoman’s receptionist, but my two Senators’ lines were busy, so I could only leave a message.  I did leave messages.  One was to say that the insurance corporations are abusing us and that I instead want affordable health care, available through the Medicare For All bill.

Did you, also, use the form provided to report what happened with your calls?

Eager to throw off our health care shackles,

Diane J. Peterson

St. Paul, Minnesota

oa...@centurylink.net

Group Web Site: http://greatnorthernhealth.org