Fwd: Update: Direct YouTube link for today’s Protect Medicare event

Craig Brooks

May 23, 2022, 3:33:13 PM5/23/22
to GreatNorthernHealth
I chose to not have Medicare Advantage so I have freedom of choice, etc.  Now this new hidden change is planned that will put a for-profit company between me and my medical providers without any notice to me or ability for me to not be in the new system for regular Medicare.  We need to get out the word to ask folks to contact members of Congress to stop this and to do it immediately.

Craig

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Dr. Susan Rogers, PNHP President" <in...@pnhp.org>
Date: May 23, 2022 at 12:24:10 PM CDT
To: Craig Brooks <craig....@gmail.com>
Subject: Update: Direct YouTube link for today’s Protect Medicare event

Join seniors, physicians, and Congressional leaders as we push back against Medicare profiteering ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Update: View today’s webinar on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/3k8ouIb4WuA

May 23, 2022

Dear Craig,

At this very moment, thousands of activists from around the country are gathering to “Turn up the Heat” on Medicare profiteering. We need everyone who cares about the future of Medicare to join in.

Watch now

During today’s program, we’re talking about specific actions that you can take this week to help stop Medicare Direct Contracting and REACH. Below is the full toolkit to get you started.

STEP ONE: Call your members of Congress and tell them to protect Medicare by joining the fight against Direct Contracting and REACH.

STEP TWO: Call President Joe Biden and tell him to use his executive powers to immediately end Direct Contracting and REACH. (The White House switchboard is only open Tuesday through Thursday between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm Eastern Time, so plan to call tomorrow.)

STEP THREE: Sign the petition against Direct Contracting and REACH. If you’ve already signed, share the petition with five of your friends this week.

STEP FOUR: Tell your story! Are you a Medicare beneficiary or health care provider with a story to share? Use this FORM to submit your story, and this GUIDE to learn more.

Finally, be sure to download and share this handy one-page FACT SHEET on Direct Contracting and REACH, and stay up-to-date on the campaign to end Medicare profiteering at ProtectMedicare.net

In solidarity,

Susan Rogers, M.D.
President

Physicians for a National Health Program
29 E Madison St Ste 1412 | Chicago, Illinois 60602
312-782-6006 | in...@pnhp.org

Follow Us

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser

Unsubscribe or Manage Your Preferences

oa...@centurylink.net

May 23, 2022, 4:53:57 PM5/23/22
to GreatNort...@googlegroups.com

Craig,

I called Medicare twice and asked to be given the names of doctors in my area who are not in the hidden middlemen organizations known as ACOs or DCEs.  Medicare told me it cannot provide me with that information.  I am convinced Medicare has the capability to do so, and therefore I asked to file a complaint with the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman.  Medicare searched, for over an hour with me on the phone, to locate the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman responsible for Medicare enrollees in Minnesota, and none could be located.  The ACO which my recent medical clinic participates in declares in writing that complaints with Medicare can be brought to such a person.  If you call Medicare to file a complaint, is there a Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman provided for you in Wisconsin?

Curious about the Wisconsin situation,

Diane J. Peterson

St. Paul, Minnesota

oa...@centurylink.net

Group Web Site: http://greatnorthernhealth.org

Craig Brooks

May 23, 2022, 7:21:00 PM5/23/22
to GreatNort...@googlegroups.com
This is all I can come up with.

Seems to focus on long term care.  Some of what I saw looked like the national MBO was from back 6 to 20 years ago.

oa...@centurylink.net

May 23, 2022, 11:19:19 PM5/23/22
to GreatNort...@googlegroups.com

Craig,

Thank you for researching this and providing links.  In addition to privatizing Medicare, it seems CMS has reduced its commitment to providing a Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman (MBO).  I contacted my Congresswoman to inquire about Minnesota’s missing MBO . . . and I may not get a reply.  Another person in my Congressional District repeatedly has contacted Congresswoman McCollum regarding DCEs and ACOs but has not received a response.  I’m inclined to reward this unresponsive behavior by campaigning for her challengers in the August 9 primary election and on the Nov. 8 general election.  This November, every U.S. House Representative is up for re-election, and we voters might decide to support or oppose their reelection based on their positions on health care policy.