Fwd: Today at 4:30 pm EST I Mayoral Candidate Forum

1 view

Ellen Raider

Mar 16, 2021, 12:13:55 PM3/16/21
to cpeme...@googlegroups.com, pub...@googlegroups.com, Lucy's Children, grassroots-education
FYI
Ellen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: The Brotherhood Sister Sol <in...@brotherhood-sistersol.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 10:49 AM
Subject: Today at 4:30 pm EST I Mayoral Candidate Forum
To: <ellen....@gmail.com>

Join us today and tomorrow at 4:30 pm EST
Youth Organizer + Education Justice: Mayoral Candidate Forum

Today March 16, and tomorrow, Wednesday, March 17, 4:30 - 6:00 pm EST

The Brotherhood Sister Sol's youth leaders and partners are excited to discuss their vision for education during our two-part youth-led Mayoral candidate forum. Join us today alongside candidates Eric Adams, Scott Stringer, and Andrew Yang, and tomorrow, March 17, with Shaun Donovan, Kathryn Garcia, Carlos Menchaca, Diane Morales, and Maya Wiley.

Young people have always been and are at the forefront of organizing for political change, and we are coming together to elevate their voices. This event will mark one of the first-ever mayoral candidate forums that centers the experiences of young people - particularly young people of color.

We are also providing Spanish translation. Please share with your networks!

#BroSisRising
A digital experience to support BroSis

Thursday, April 8, 7:00 pm EST

Join us for our upcoming online fundraiser, #BroSisRising: A Community Celebration, to celebrate rising up to demand justice and equity, rising to the challenge of the Covid-19 crisis to support our youth and our community, and the rising of our new 20,000 sq ft headquarters.

In addition to various ticket options, the event is free to attend, and donations are greatly appreciated.

We are planning an hour of programming that will elevate the inspiring work of BroSis, and have two extraordinary guests joining us that we can't wait to announce! Hint: one is a national figure who spent years in Harlem, and the other you've seen in a galaxy far, far away.

Behind the scenes of #BroSisRising
P.S. — Would you consider becoming a monthly donor? Our monthly donors provide the foundation for sustaining our work.
Don't keep us to yourself! Forward this email to a friend.
The Brotherhood Sister Sol | 140 Hamilton Place, New York, NY 10031
Unsubscribe ellen....@gmail.com
Update Profile | Customer Contact Data Notice
Sent by in...@brotherhood-sistersol.org powered by
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.