NYC Schools: A Double Crisis! Thurs. 11/12, 6:30pm

Gloria

Nov 9, 2020, 8:17:27 PM11/9/20
to grassroots...@googlegroups.com, retiree...@googlegroups.com

Thurs 11/12, 6:30 pm: NYC Schools: A Double Crisis!

Link to register on Zoom
NYC Schools: A Double Crisis!
How have pandemic and policy exacerbated the inequity in NYC public schools? What can be done? Join us at our next virtual event as we discuss these issues with our excellent panelists.
Speakers: (list to date)
Kevin Bryant — Principal at NYC DOE High Schools; current candidate for a PhD in Education at Harvard
Leonie Haimson — Executive Director of Class Size Matters
Jonathan Halabi –Teacher for DOE High Schools & Chapter Leader, UFT
Tracey Willacey –Teacher for NYC DOE for over 25 years
Kaliris Yimar Salas-Ramirez NYC DOE Parent
Co-Moderators:
Gloria Brandman,  long time public education activist, member of Retiree Advocates/UFT and organizer for Move the Money/NYC Coalition.
Natasha Santos, Program Coordinator, Brooklyn For Peace

Sponsored by Brooklyn For Peace
Co-Sponsors: United University Professions (UUP); list in formation
See it on Facebook. Please RSVP and invite your friends!

Trudy Silver

Nov 9, 2020, 8:19:04 PM11/9/20
to gbra...@aol.com, grassroots...@googlegroups.com, retiree...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Gloria! I sent out a notice for this since receiving it through the WRL listserve.  We’re endorsing it.  Looking forward,

Trudy