Fwd: Racism, a weapon of the rich

Ellen Raider

Oct 15, 2020, 3:20:59 PM10/15/20
to cpeme...@googlegroups.com, ic...@yahoogroups.com, Lucy's Children, grassroots-education, pub...@googlegroups.com, parent commission, nyceduca...@yahoogroups.com

Dear  Friends,

My Antiracism Action Group is studying Berkeley Professor Ian Haney Lopez’s work.  I am sure some of you have heard of him, but too many others, I fear, have not.  We are approaching what, I think you would agree, is the most important election in our lifetime.

We believe that Professor Lopez’s works on Dog Whistle Politics and Merge Left are essential and transformational in understanding how we have reached this very disturbing place in U.S. history.

When we come together to reject racism as a weapon of the rich, we can make sure that the government works for all of us.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPnrgOMMqIA

For more information, take Lopez's free course.

ttps://race-class-academy.com/

Hope you agree with me that this information should be taught in all high schools.

Ellen

Prof Ian Haney Lopez on “Merge Left”

Joseph Mugivan

Oct 15, 2020, 4:02:43 PM10/15/20
to Ellen Raider ellen.raider@gmail.com [ICOPE], cpeme...@googlegroups.com, ic...@yahoogroups.com, Lucy's Children, grassroots-education, pub...@googlegroups.com, parent commission, nyceduca...@yahoogroups.com
Yes, racism is a weapon of the rich, so if we take sides we are playing into the hands of the puppet masters.

Posted by: Ellen Raider <ellen....@gmail.com>
This listserv is a service of the Independent Commission On Public Education In New York City -ICOPE. Opinions expressed on this listserv represent individuals and organizations posting to this list and NOT the positions and opinions of ICOPE as an organization.

We hope that users of this listserv treat each other with respect and dignity. This is especially important for ICOPE in that we are struggling to bring about a Human Rights-based Educational system in New York City.

For ICOPE's views, please visit: wwww.icope.org

.