Re: [ice-strategy] Unity Caucus and Amy-Gate -Reasons for Arundell removal as UFT Queens Borough Rep - Ed Notes

Sam Lazarus

Oct 24, 2023, 10:18:16 AM10/24/23
to ice...@googlegroups.com, New Coalition UFT, GEM Listserve, Retiree Advocate/UFT
Good morning Norm,

What Mulgrew did last night was help us tie together the issues of free speech, health care, union democracy and school reform. I will argue that this goes beyond Amy. And his blatant refusal to give us any answers aside from, ‘This is not your concern. Stop bothering me about that’, cannot end this matter.
Whatever one thinks of Amy Arundel, we would be foolish not to make common cause with her unity supporters.

On Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 6:08 AM, Norm Scott <nor...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just got back from Spain Friday evening and trying to catch up. I tracked down what info I could get and stuff is still coming in.
In the past Unity moving pieces around didn't create a whimper. Why this time? I don't have that answer - yet.
But here is my opus.
Norm

Unity Caucus and Amy-Gate -Reasons for Arundell removal as UFT Queens Borough Rep

When you're a Unity You're a Unity all the way From your first cigarette To your last dyin' day.... Opening line from my newly created Unity Caucus theme song

Unity Caucus is an enemy, but not all Unity Caucus members are enemies

Monday, Oct. 23, 2023

A major story in the UFT has been the recent removal of Queens borough rep Amy Arundell, popular with Queens chapter leaders and some rank and file, and even within Unity. There have been petitions going around in her favor calling for due process for her, and even a few Unity people have offered support for Amy. Also a lot of misinformation, some spread by anonymous anti-Amy forces in Unity. Claims she did stuff at the DA last week are not true -- she may have said some things at the rehearsal for the DA before the meeting. Yes, darlings, Mulgrew has to hold a rehearsal for a meeting. There has been some longer term friction between Amy and Mulgrew, as I chronicle below.

Some think AmyGate will cause a deep split in Unity. We hear there is a level of anti-Mulgrew sentiment due to his leadership style, but a revolt? You will see further down my treatise on how Unity operates like any totalitarian regime to keep control.

Continue

https://ednotesonline.blogspot.com/2023/10/unity-caucus-and-amy-gate-reasons-for.html
--
All the best,

Norm Scott
nor...@gmail.com
917-992-3734

Twitter:  @normscott1
Facebook:  NormSco

Education Notes Online
ednotesonline.com

The Inconvenient Truth Behind Waiting for Superman -

This is a news and discussion list on education and union issues. When you hit reply you will be addressing your message to everyone. To respond to the sender only, hit REPLY TO ALL and the sender's email will appear. Then delete the group email.

To post to the group, address your email to ice...@googlegroups.com
Keep up with statements and comments at http://iceuftblog.blogspot.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ICE/UFT News/Discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ice-mgs/CAOtXFAMfNd-U6ZtGjHrFSuF3pNZHViM97pSaXtOuLAS7hy17MQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Patrick Walsh

Oct 26, 2023, 10:29:02 PM10/26/23
to ice...@googlegroups.com, GEM Listserve, New Coalition UFT, Retiree Advocate/UFT
You are not reading this right, Jonathan.

On Oct 25, 2023, at 7:24 AM, Jonathan Lessuck <jles...@gmail.com> wrote:

Am I reading this right? People  are openly upset about what happened to Amy, but NOT Amy?

That says sooooooo much about UNITY.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023, 11:53 AM Daniel Alicea <dana...@gmail.com> wrote:
I’d submit that Mulgrew didn’t make that case. Some in opposition made various cases for these issues in various degrees and that is a narrative thread that we’ve woven.

I didn’t see a throng of Unity supporters for Amy. A handful of Unity light and those who really don’t care or know about caucus politics.

What was eerily missing, and expected ,was any Unity staffer … not one willing to speak out on any of those issues. Not even Amy herself.

That’s the reality here. Our wishes and desires don’t match the reality of the room. A room of Unity staffers and Unity electeds beaten and bribed into submission.

As long as that’s the case we chase our own tails .

[...]

fanzhenghai goosen

Jul 5, 2024, 1:21:48 AMJul 5
to Grassroots Education Movement - GEM
DIRECT SENDER IS HERE LETS DEAL.

JEMS EBERHARD HORBEL

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
GLOBALPAY INC US

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP FOR A SERIOUS DEAL.

+447405129573