Removing Hardened Briquette from Briquette Machine Forming Die

Ian

May 23, 2013, 8:14:41 PM5/23/13
to grass-...@googlegroups.com
Hi - last fall I purchased a used ZBJIII briquette machine and plan to begin working with it this summer.   Before I do so, I need to first remove a hardened briquette that remains in the die from the last use of the machine.   It so solid that its difficult to continue chipping it out with a chissel and I don't want to damange the die itself by chipping any further in than I already have.  I wanted to write here to ask if anyone knows how to deal with this?

Is it that I just need to keep chipping it out, do I need to simply plug the machine in and let the dies come up to temperature so that the hardened briquette can then be more easily removed, do I need to burn it out, or is there a solution that might dissolve it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks
Ian Paddock
315-751-GRASS

Dean and Wanda Yancey

May 23, 2013, 9:06:18 PM5/23/13
to grass-...@googlegroups.com
have you tried warm water to soften the briquette or drilled holes into it to weaken
it  dean in lowville
May 23, 2013, 10:17:39 PM5/23/13
to grass-...@googlegroups.com
Used can of coke to unseize engines