Giant King Grass ppt

MHC

Dec 4, 2010, 9:47:28 AM12/4/10
to Grass Energy

jockgill

Dec 5, 2010, 2:18:53 PM12/5/10
to Grass Energy
All,

This is a very interesting presentation indeed. It does not mention
Vetiver, but otherwise it is very stimulating.

Mark -- thanks for posting this.

Jock

On Dec 4, 9:47 am, MHC <markhcarli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.viaspacegreenenergy.com/docs/Peking%20University%20October...

Jim Wuertele

Dec 7, 2010, 8:33:09 AM12/7/10
to grass-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jock and all,
My concern, the same for any agricultural process that removes
soil carbon, what is the land going to be like after 20 years of
removal?
Related questions:
Will such removal lower the soil carbon?
If it does, then what will return carbon effectively to the soil
as deep perennial roots take it out?
What do our farmers do with their corn stover now that soil
health, especially for our New England thin soils, is the new frontier
of self-sufficient farming?
I did not see anything in the report that talked about soil
additives, like carbon or other. Also, the lang he was using looked
pretty goo to me for any crop. I would have expected land unusable for
food cropping would much worse looking. Maybe it grows in marshes?

Jim