New Version of GotCloud (1.15) is now available

Mary Kate Wing

Dec 16, 2014, 7:55:56 PM12/16/14
to gotc...@googlegroups.com
A new release of gotcloud, 1.15, is now available.

Reminder, there is also a wiki page that describes the changes in each version:
I have copied below the information on changes for this version.

There is also a wiki page with FAQ and issues/resolutions for specific versions:

I am continually updating GotCloud based on User Suggestions.  So if you notice something, let me know and I will try to get it fixed.

The updates in this version are described below.

The latest development version is always available at: https://github.com/statgen/gotcloud

Mary Kate Wing

General

  • Rename BAM_INDEX to BAM_LIST
  • Change default REF_DIR
  • Add ref_dir and list as command-line options to all pipelines
  • Add bed-diff script to compare VCFs

Aligner

  • By default, create BAM_LIST
  • Use SAMPLE instead of MERGE_NAME if MERGE_NAME is not specified in FASTQ_LIST
  • No longer require fastqs to end in 'fastq.gz' or 'fastq'
  • Rename INDEX_FILE to FASTQ_LIST and infer all fields except FASTQ1, FASTQ2, and either SAMPLE or MERGE_NAME
  • Change --numcs to --numjobs and what was --numjobs to --threads
  • Update to latest BWA
    • Update aligner to pass \t instead of tabs for the RG fieldto new version of BWA
  • By default, no longer store OQ

SnpCall

  • Add validation that:
    • Each BAM has only 1 sample
    • BAM's sampleID matches id in BAM_LIST
      • Use --ignoreSMcheck to disable this validation
  • Updated Exome/Targeted settings
    • Set TARGET_DIR and OFFSET_OFF_TARGET (0) in defaults
    • Remove WRITE_TARGET_LOCI and base it on whether or not UNIFORM_TARGET_BED/MULTIPLE_TARGET_MAP are set and either the loci file doesn't exist, is older than the bed, or was created by a different bed
  • Add validation that tabix in perl scripts succeed
  • Fix some bugs in glfFlex & add region option
  • Cleanup logs so they no longer spew to the screen
  • Add ext-filt option for single sample filtering
  • Add .OK file after vcflist file successfully created

Genotype Refinement

  • Add validation that tabix in perl scripts succeed
  • Add .OK file after vcflist file successfully created

Indel

  • Update default region settings
  • Move output directories to an "indel" folder

GenomeSTRiP

  • Add a GenomeSTRiP pipeline