GWT 2.9 upload file error

Yibin Li

Aug 2, 2021, 3:39:30 AM8/2/21
to GWT Users
I upgrade a project from GWT 2.5.1+Java 8 to GWT 2.9 +Java 11

I got (TYpeError): Cannot read property 'Xe' of null when I

IUploader currentUploader = new Uploader(fileInputType, autoSubmit);//autosubmit = true
IUploadStatus statusWidget = new IUploadStatus();
try{
currentUploader.setStatusWidget(statusWidget);
}catch(Exception e){
   //print error here
   // (TYpeError): Cannot read property 'Xe' of null got printed here
}

This code does not have any problems when I use GWT 2.5+Java 8

//Symptom
The upload file GWT File control is shown. I can clicked the control and select a file to upload

The control shows the selected file name but it does not call http servlet that is on server side.

Web.xml
<servlet>
<servlet-name>uploadServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>
             edu.vanderbilt.mc.aries.server.rpc.control.AttachmentUploaderService
        </servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>uploadServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.gupld</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I ggogled the erro rmessage. It seems that this is a JQuery error

Any suggestions or comments are really appreciated

Yibin Li

lofid...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2021, 8:55:17 AM8/5/21
to GWT Users
What kind of "Uploader" component do you use?

Thanks,
Lofi

Yibin Li

Aug 5, 2021, 12:39:50 PM8/5/21
to GWT Users
import gwtupload.client.IFileInput.FileInputType;
import gwtupload.client.IUploadStatus.Status;
import gwtupload.client.IUploader;
import gwtupload.client.IUploader.OnChangeUploaderHandler;
import gwtupload.client.IUploader.OnFinishUploaderHandler;
import gwtupload.client.MultiUploader;
import gwtupload.client.Utils;

This is what I use in project

The Jar is gwtupload-1.03.jar

Only this version is compliable for GWT 2.9

Yibin Li

Aug 5, 2021, 12:51:28 PM8/5/21
to GWT Users
I have made upload file working. We have custom statuswidget that is using  IUploadStatus interface. This caused prblem
in Web.xml

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>uploadServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.gupld</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

What I did is
1. DO not use  *.gupld  -- replaced by real servlet
2.  Do not set status Widget -- >  //commented out currentUploader.setStatusWidget(statusWidget);

Oleg Ravun

Aug 5, 2021, 1:22:33 PM8/5/21
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I use gwtupload.client.MultiUploader . Do you set servlet path - setServletPath()?
I don't call setStatusWidget.

Thanks,
Oleg

Yibin Li