Compilation GWT with jdk17

Juraj Homola

Nov 25, 2021, 10:47:27 AM11/25/21
to GWT Users

Hello

I'm trying to migrate gwt application from java 1.8 to 17 (java source remains in 1.8).

I'm using gwt-maven-plugin version 2.9.0. Compilation with open JDK 17 based on logs looks ok, there are no errors, comparing to compilation with JDK1.8 debug logs look the same. All files (such css, images, js, rpc.log, gwt.log and so on) are based on log created.

But when compilaiton is finished, module directory in war remains empty, there is just directory structure but no files (e.g. gwt.rpc, resources, cache.js,nocache.js... are missing).

In log is mentioned "Compile of permutations succeeded .... Linking succeeded". Content of directory gwt-unitCache looks also ok.

Do you have some idea why that happens?

Thanks a lot!

Juraj