Why was benchmarking removed in GWT 2.6?

Alex Epshteyn

Dec 1, 2021, 9:25:21 PM12/1/21
to GWT Users
This seemed like a very useful feature back in the day, and I'm really curious to know the reasoning behind its removal in release 2.6.0 (RC1).

Does anyone remember?

Thomas Broyer

Dec 2, 2021, 3:52:03 AM12/2/21
to GWT Users
From the commit history: https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt/commit/39eb6001a037fd8b6580a73a2540e6e9c04e54c2

“This didn't get enough adaption externally or internally.
The way it's implemented requires special support from GWTTestCase
infrastructure. Also, we are not going have an environment
to automate benchmarks written on this any time soon.

If there is enough demand later, parts of this code can be
resurrected to build a new benchmark system.”