Thurs July 2 2020 GWT community call

Colin Alworth

Jul 1, 2020, 1:58:15 PM7/1/20
to GWT Contributors
We're going to try recording tomorrow, just for the specific 'sessions' that are planned, so the video should be available afterward, I'll link in a follow up post when they are ready.

Three planned topics to record:
 * Ahmad Bawaneh presenting domino-history, a simple routing tool to manipulate the url and browser history, based on the pushState API, but intended to be usable in other platforms like the JVM in the future
 * Rafat Al-Barouki presenting domino-rest, a follow up to Ahmad's talk last time on domino-jackson, this tool lets you take jax-rs interfaces and generate gwt/android/jvm compatible clients with no runtime reflect
 * Frank Hossfeld presenting gwt-editor, a quick talk to show how to move an existing project to the annotation-processor based editor framework

We'll also have a probably-unrecorded discussion looking at some modern compiled web applications to identify if GWT is being used, looking at some of the differences and similarities between closure-compiled j2cl and gwt2 output.

The talks will formally start at 5pm CEST / 11am EDT, but the call will be available to join about an hour earlier, I'll share a link to join here. Outside of the sessions above, nothing will be recorded, and we'll probably be discussing other topics around contributing to the gwt ecosystem - main topic this week will be revisiting internationalization and reducing dev mode and prod mode code size.

Colin Alworth

Jul 2, 2020, 9:54:51 AM7/2/20
to GWT Contributors
Meeting link is at https://meet.google.com/jbs-wier-ywp - we will start recording in about an hour, and will only publish the three talks listed below.