Preliminary testing for GWT 2.10 release

575 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Colin Alworth

da leggere,
21 apr 2022, 19:56:3521/04/22
a GWT Contributors
TL;DR: If you have the capability to do so, now would be an excellent time to help us test GWT in anticipation of a release, especially around the groupId change we're going to make.

--

We think that we're one merge away from being ready for a GWT 2.10 release, so I'm starting the release process a bit early, since this last commit involves changing GWT's groupId away from com.google and to org.gwtproject.

To that end, I have a maven repo with the maven changes along wit all of the other changes in the GWT 2.10 series. The repo's URL is https://repo.vertispan.com/gwt-groupid-migration-test/, and the only GWT version that exists there is "2.10.0-new-groupid-2".

Based on earlier work (such as in the https://groups.google.com/g/google-web-toolkit-contributors/c/L2RMqglOEXo/m/44BeZKeBCQAJ thread), this should allow projects to transition from com.google.gwt to org.gwtproject by adding the org.gwtproject:gwt:pom to their project, and then specify gwt-user etc, and automatically manage the version of gwt used by dependencies. It should also be possible to just use the old groupid for this release, but later releases will not have that option.

Please note that packages are not changing as part of this transition, only groupIds.

Rough release notes:
 * Updated htmlunit and jetty to more recent versions
 * Dropped support for IE8/9/10
 * Dropped support for Java 7
 * Support long classpaths by using CLASSPATH env vars to run child permutation workers
 * Many enhancements to emulation APIs and generated code

Please reply to this thread or email me directly with any results/surprises/questions.

Thomas Broyer

da leggere,
22 apr 2022, 10:12:5822/04/22
a Google Web Toolkit Contributors
I tried changing only the version (from com.google.gwt:gwt:2.8.2 to com.google.gwt:2.10.0-new-groupid-2).
Looking at a dependency graph (./gradlew dependencies), I can see the com.google.gwt dependencies properly "relocated" to their org.gwtproject equivalent 🎉
Java compilation passes without warning or error, same for JVM tests (I don't have much that use GWT though), and even GWT tests! 🎉 (I only have a couple of them though)
GWT compilation emits a few unexpected warnings though:
   [WARN] Warnings in 'jar:file:/home/redacted/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/org.gwtproject/gwt-user/2.10.0-new-groupid-2/10fcf6c7213db2fc2c71a7731c582b6d8f9a4739/gwt-user-2.10.0-new-groupid-2.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/client/impl/DOMImplMozilla.java'
      [WARN] Line 30: Referencing deprecated class 'com.google.gwt.user.client.impl.DOMImplStandard'
      [WARN] Line 30: Referencing deprecated class 'com.google.gwt.user.client.impl.DOMImplStandard'
      [WARN] Line 57: Referencing deprecated class 'com.google.gwt.user.client.impl.DOMImplStandard'
   [WARN] Warnings in 'jar:file:/home/redacted/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/org.gwtproject/gwt-user/2.10.0-new-groupid-2/10fcf6c7213db2fc2c71a7731c582b6d8f9a4739/gwt-user-2.10.0-new-groupid-2.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/impl/RichTextAreaImplMozilla.java'
      [WARN] Line 40: Referencing deprecated class 'com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.impl.RichTextAreaImplStandard'
      [WARN] Line 68: Referencing deprecated class 'com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.impl.RichTextAreaImplStandard'

and later fails with errors in a (very old) third-party dependency, related to generics and wildcards (see below); but those errors are already there with GWT 2.9.0 actually, and if I remove -failOnError then it compiles OK! 🎉

Result of the compilation runs OK in Chrome (haven't tested others, and haven't run extensive tests either, so I can't say there are no regressions), and dev mode runs OK as well (after I remove -failOnError).
This is using Activities/Places, UiBinder, Editors and RequestFactory extensively. Fwiw, it's also using elemental2-dom 1.0.0-RC1 (I probably should have updated), and GIN 2.1.2 (with Guice 4.2.2).

I also tried replacing the BOM dependency with org.gwtproject:gwt (without changing the actual dependencies, so still using com.google.gwt:gwt-user), works the same.

I would prefer if the deprecation warnings above were suppressed before the release, but it otherwise LGTM. At least the relocation works as expected (from a Gradle point of view)

Thanks a lot Colin for the hard work.

   Tracing compile failure path for type 'org.waveprotocol.wave.model.supplement.WaveletBasedSupplement'
      [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/home/redacted/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/org.waveprotocol.waveinabox/waveinabox-model/redacted!/org/waveprotocol/wave/model/supplement/WaveletBasedSupplement.java'
         [ERROR] Line 948: The method createWaveletSeenVersion(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#88-of ?,capture#90-of ? extends N>)
         [ERROR] Line 943: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#85-of ?,capture#86-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 953: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#91-of ?,capture#92-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 918: The method createMuted(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#70-of ?,capture#72-of ? extends N>)
         [ERROR] Line 933: The method createPendingNotification(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#79-of ?,capture#81-of ? extends N>)
         [ERROR] Line 938: The method createWaveletReadState(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>, ObservablePrimitiveSupplement.Listener) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#82-of ?,capture#84-of ? extends N>, ObservablePrimitiveSupplement.Listener)
         [ERROR] Line 958: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#94-of ?,capture#95-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 923: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#73-of ?,capture#74-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 913: The method createFolders(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#67-of ?,capture#69-of ? extends N>)
         [ERROR] Line 913: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#67-of ?,capture#68-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 938: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#82-of ?,capture#83-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 933: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#79-of ?,capture#80-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 943: The method createWaveletCollapsedState(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>, ObservablePrimitiveSupplement.Listener) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#85-of ?,capture#87-of ? extends N>, ObservablePrimitiveSupplement.Listener)
         [ERROR] Line 948: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#88-of ?,capture#89-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 923: The method createCleared(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#73-of ?,capture#75-of ? extends N>)
         [ERROR] Line 958: The method createAbuseStore(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#94-of ?,capture#96-of ? extends N>)
         [ERROR] Line 953: The method createWaveletNotifiedVersion(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#91-of ?,capture#93-of ? extends N>)
         [ERROR] Line 918: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#70-of ?,capture#71-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 963: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#97-of ?,capture#98-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 928: The method create(ObservableMutableDocument<N,E,?>) in the type DefaultDocumentEventRouter is not applicable for the arguments (ObservableMutableDocument<N,capture#76-of ?,capture#77-of ?>)
         [ERROR] Line 963: The method createGadgetStatesDoc(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>, ObservablePrimitiveSupplement.Listener) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#97-of ?,capture#99-of ? extends N>, ObservablePrimitiveSupplement.Listener)
         [ERROR] Line 928: The method createWaveletArchiveState(DocumentEventRouter<? super E,E,?>) in the type WaveletBasedSupplement is not applicable for the arguments (DocumentEventRouter<N,capture#76-of ?,capture#78-of ? extends N>)

Thomas Broyer
/tɔ.ma.bʁwa.je/

Colin Alworth

da leggere,
22 apr 2022, 14:35:1222/04/22
a GWT Contributors
I could revert the deprecations (though they were specifically added at your request ;) ).

That said, those changed when the old IE versions were removed, and I didn't see the showcase start to emit those errors then. Even with the JDT upgrade, I still don't see them for the showcase:

The error also does not appear to happen when running from ant, at least not in the showcase sample.

At a glance I can't see anything explicitly disabling deprecation warnings in that code. The warning is coming from JsniReferenceResolver. The linked log above is emitting warnings, but clearly not one for the code you see, even though the showcase references those types. Showcase's CwRichText explicitly uses the RichText widget.

However, both maven and gradle projects do correctly include the warnings, if you happen to include those gwt modules in your project. That does make the iteration time a bit longer to test, but it appears we can suppress the warnings on a per-usage basis. I'll propose a patch (and upload a new build to test) as soon as I'm able.

Juan Pablo Gardella

da leggere,
24 apr 2022, 12:14:2724/04/22
a GWT Contributors
I tested and I updated from net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.0 to net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1 in order to see the proper error ( Value 'ie10' in not a valid value for property 'user.agent') instead of [1]. After that I see following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1:package-app (default-package-app) on project xxx-client: Execution default-package-app of goal net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1:package-app failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1:package-app: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.plexus.util.DirectoryScanner.setFilenameComparator(Ljava/util/Comparator;)V

Using either java8 or java11 as default java but java8 with toolchains for the project. Reverted to net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.0 I still see NPE[1]. No luck from my side to switch. Any ideas? I am using Apache Maven 3.6.3.

Juan

[1]
    at net.ltgt.gwt.maven.GenerateModuleMojo.generateInheritsFromDependencies (GenerateModuleMojo.java:251)
    at net.ltgt.gwt.maven.GenerateModuleMojo.execute (GenerateModuleMojo.java:180)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:210)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:156)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:148)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:305)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:192)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:105)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:957)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:289)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:193)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:225)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:347)

Thomas Broyer

da leggere,
24 apr 2022, 12:47:0624/04/22

Le dim. 24 avr. 2022 à 18:14, Juan Pablo Gardella <gardella...@gmail.com> a écrit :
I tested and I updated from net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.0 to net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1 in order to see the proper error ( Value 'ie10' in not a valid value for property 'user.agent') instead of [1]. After that I see following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1:package-app (default-package-app) on project xxx-client: Execution default-package-app of goal net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1:package-app failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1:package-app: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.plexus.util.DirectoryScanner.setFilenameComparator(Ljava/util/Comparator;)V

Could you file a bug with the full stack trace?

Version 1.0.1 also updated dependencies (https://github.com/tbroyer/gwt-maven-plugin/commit/d61e5f14cf9b5485494723e212153d23fec0c4c5) so maybe it caused a regression with Maven 3.6 (this is only tested with the latest version -what's available on Arch Linux- and the version available on GitHub Actions, which I believe are currently both 3.8.4), you could try downgrading those by declaring plugin dependencies in your POM.

Colin Alworth

da leggere,
24 apr 2022, 14:59:0024/04/22
a GWT Contributors
I've pushed a new build with version 2.10.0-new-groupid-3 that has several @SuppressWarnings("deprecation")s added, and hopefully will solve the WARN logging issue.

Juan Pablo Gardella

da leggere,
24 apr 2022, 15:34:2324/04/22
a GWT Contributors
Tried with Maven 3.8.5 and still fails with same issue. Reported at https://github.com/tbroyer/gwt-maven-plugin/issues/152

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 3:59 PM Colin Alworth <nilo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've pushed a new build with version 2.10.0-new-groupid-3 that has several @SuppressWarnings("deprecation")s added, and hopefully will solve the WARN logging issue.

Freddy Boucher

da leggere,
25 apr 2022, 13:25:3525/04/22
a GWT Contributors
2.10.0-new-groupid-3 works like a charm (in addition of net.ltgt.gwt.maven/gwt-maven-plugin 1.0.1)
Thanks

Juan Pablo Gardella

da leggere,
26 apr 2022, 07:50:1226/04/22
a GWT Contributors
After removing an old plexus-utils as suggested at #152, I was able to compile and run the application without issues so far. Great work!

Frank Hossfeld

da leggere,
28 apr 2022, 13:50:3528/04/22
a GWT Contributors
No problems with this version. works as expected.
Great work!

Colin Alworth

da leggere,
28 apr 2022, 23:39:1328/04/22
a GWT Contributors
https://gwt-review.googlesource.com/c/gwt/+/23861 is now the only merge remaining to cut the release. I just made a few more changes to it, having noticed that some maven samples weren't using the new groupId, and in doing so I noticed what appeared to be another problem with the new org.gwtproject:gwt pom. This is now deployed as version 2.10.0-new-groupid-4, and should behave just as before, except only referencing org.gwtproject groupIds will behave better.

While this needs to be borne out in testing, if everything goes well, here's my proposed release process for this unusual release:

  • Get a final +2 for 23861, don't merge it yet.
  • Request that Google disable nightly SNAPSHOT builds, so that we don't produce a build with 23861's changes (see the review for why this is necessary)
  • Merge 23861, cut a release branch, and create a candidate org.gwtproject release for 2.10.0. Note that I'm proposing to _not_ make a RC1 this time, but to move right to the actual GA release. This is for several reasons, mostly to avoid requesting more than one release from Google. The zip download will be made available to testers, and the maven build will be in a (closed) sonatype staging repo to verify it. (A "test" repo will also be created with the com.google.gwt artifacts, so that org.gwtproject:gwt:2.10.0 has its dependencies provided.)
  • Test volunteers will go through the "GWT Smoke Test Checklist", to ensure across our supported platforms we don't have any last moment surprises. This typically takes several days. Note that I’ve reduced the browser/OS permutations, since recent browsers aren’t quite as tied to their OS version as they were in the past.
  • Request that Google perform the com.google.gwt side of the release - only poms will be released.
  • As soon as com.google.gwt is ready to be released, release org.gwtproject 2.10.0 to maven central, and upload the new release zip as a github release. There must be as little gap between these as possible, as each depends on the other, neither release is usable until both are sync'd to central.
  • Finish the release process (tag the release, update release notes, update javadoc).
  • Finish the migration to github (disable the mirror, rename master to main, enable github actions, enable pull requests, enable nightly builds).
  • Request that Google delete the com.google.gwt artifacts from google-snapshots, since they can no longer be updated.
These steps (and a few other links) are in https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Cn0Z7SDv0ZW5OVZdoIdw5EAEDUbtK6vracOOnxj7po/edit if you'd like to specifically add comments or suggest changes.

Manfred Tremmel

da leggere,
30 apr 2022, 13:47:4030/04/22
a google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
I've tried to build my bean validators with gwt 2.10.0-new-groupid-4.
Using the org.codehaus.mojo maven plugin my gwt-unit tests fail:

[INFO] testWrongUrlsAreWrong(de.knightsoftnet.validators.client.GwtTstHibernateAssertFalse) Time elapsed: 0.834 sec <<< ERROR!
[INFO] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: FIREFOX
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.junit.RunStyleHtmlUnit.<clinit>(RunStyleHtmlUnit.java:295)
[INFO] at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[INFO] at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:315)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.createRunStyle(JUnitShell.java:1215)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.doStartup(JUnitShell.java:943)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.startUp(DevModeBase.java:888)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.getUnitTestShell(JUnitShell.java:707)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTest(JUnitShell.java:681)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.runTest(GWTTestCase.java:421)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:142)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:122)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:142)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:125)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:130)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.run(GWTTestCase.java:247)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:241)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:236)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:241)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:236)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:241)
[INFO] at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:236)
[INFO] at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.test.MavenTestRunner.doRun(MavenTestRunner.java:105)
[INFO] at junit.textui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:183)
[INFO] at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.test.MavenTestRunner.main(MavenTestRunner.java:63)

Trying to switch to net.ltgt.gwt.maven Plugin, the compile fails with:

[INFO] --- gwt-maven-plugin:1.0.1:compile (default) @ gwt-bean-validators-engine ---
[INFO] /home/manfred/git/gwt-bean-validators/gwt-bean-validators-engine/src/main/java/ already added as a resource folder; skipping.
[INFO] Compiling module de.knightsoftnet.validators.GwtBeanValidatorsEngine
[INFO] [ERROR] Unexpected internal compiler error
[INFO] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
[INFO] at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readBootstrapMethodsAttribute(ClassReader.java:3498)
[INFO] at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:275)
[INFO] at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:180)
[INFO] at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:166)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.BytecodeSignatureMaker.visitCompileDependenciesInBytecode(BytecodeSignatureMaker.java:226)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.BytecodeSignatureMaker.getCompileDependencySignature(BytecodeSignatureMaker.java:209)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompiledClass.getSignatureHash(CompiledClass.java:166)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.Dependencies$Ref.<init>(Dependencies.java:41)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.Dependencies$Ref.<init>(Dependencies.java:36)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.Dependencies.resolve(Dependencies.java:100)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder$CompileMoreLater.compile(CompilationStateBuilder.java:349)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.doBuildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:532)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.buildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:464)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState(ModuleDef.java:423)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:210)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:190)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:131)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:192)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:143)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:132)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:110)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:55)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:50)
[INFO] at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:113)

Am Freitag, 22. April 2022, 01:56:35 CEST schrieb Colin Alworth:
> TL;DR: If you have the capability to do so, now would be an excellent time
> to help us test GWT in anticipation of a release, especially around the
> groupId change we're going to make.
>
> --
>
> We think that we're one merge away from being ready for a GWT 2.10 release,
> so I'm starting the release process a bit early, since this last commit
> involves changing GWT's groupId away from com.google and to org.gwtproject.
>
> To that end, I have a maven repo with the maven changes along wit all of
> the other changes in the GWT 2.10 series. The repo's URL is
> https://repo.vertispan.com/gwt-groupid-migration-test/, and the only GWT
> version that exists there is "2.10.0-new-groupid-2".
>
> Based on earlier work (such as in the
> https://groups.google.com/g/google-web-toolkit-contributors/c/L2RMqglOEXo/m/
> 44BeZKeBCQAJ thread), this should allow projects to transition from
> com.google.gwt to org.gwtproject by adding the org.gwtproject:gwt:pom to
> their project, and then specify gwt-user etc, and automatically manage the
> version of gwt used by dependencies. It should also be possible to just use
> the old groupid for this release, but later releases will not have that
> option.
>
> Please note that *packages are not changing *as part of this transition,

Freddy Boucher

da leggere,
30 apr 2022, 14:16:4230/04/22
a GWT Contributors
@ManfredTremmel I had a similar issue because my project has some GWTTestCase, I had to add:

  <dependencyManagement>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>net.sourceforge.htmlunit</groupId>
        <artifactId>htmlunit</artifactId>
        <version>2.55.0</version>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>
  </dependencyManagement>

Manfred Tremmel

da leggere,
30 apr 2022, 14:58:5030/04/22
a GWT Contributors, Freddy Boucher
Thanks Freddy,
I don't now why this had any affect, 'mvn dependency:tree' didn't show a
different version, but adding htmlunit to dependencyManagement fixed this test
error, there are others. But I can continue testing.
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi