Thurs Jun 18 2020 GWT Contributors call

Colin Alworth

Jun 16, 2020, 11:15:04 PM6/16/20
to GWT Contributors
The call two weeks ago (https://groups.google.com/d/topic/google-web-toolkit-contributors/Tqgfb3QgGS0/discussion) was fairly successful, so we're doing it again. Structure is again quite light, there will be a few items to get discussion going, and we'll let it take its own life from there.

We'll officially start at 5pm CEST / 11am EDT, though I'll plan to be on for at least an hour before then.

Frank Hossfeld will lead us off discussing Nalu, a lightweight gwt/j2cl compatible MVP tool.

Ahmad Bawaneh will give a short talk about domino-jackson, an updated (and converted from Generators to APT) version of gwt-jackson, a JSON-bean mapping tool familiar to many Java developers.

I'll do a live-coding demo of updating a simple application to use elemental2/"vanilla.js", if I get far enough and ambitious enough, we might manage to move it to J2CL and deploy it.

The call will probably run for a few hours off and on, but just an hour or two of "official" topics, the rest will be more informal discussion as people have time. We're staying on meet again this week out of inertia, may pick something else based on how the audience changes, or if we decide to record sessions. The link will be meet.google.com/nmu-mrky-mjo.

If you happen to have a microphone, that makes discussion a bit easier, but otherwise feel free to join and send remarks through the built-in text - meet is a bit annoying in that if you have to rejoin you'll lose old messages that were sent, that's another reason we're exploring other options.

Bernhard Schulz

Jun 17, 2020, 2:23:15 AM6/17/20
to GWT Contributors
Hi Colin & Co!

We'll officially start at 5pm CEST / 11am EDT, though I'll plan to be on for at least an hour before then.
That is great, unfortunately, I am busy at this date. So I am kindly asking if you could please record the session, so I (and others) can watch later.

Also, by any chance, is there a recording of the last session?

Thank you,
Bernhard

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 17, 2020, 3:16:56 AM6/17/20
to GWT Contributors
Hi Bernhard,

no, we don't do it this time, but plan it for the future.
But, I think, there will be more hangouts. So, maybe next time.

Regards,
Frank

Bernhard Schulz

Jun 17, 2020, 3:49:54 AM6/17/20
to GWT Contributors
Hi Frank!

no, we don't do it this time, but plan it for the future.
Why not? Is this a technical issue? Or do you not want your Nalu-part recorded? (Which would be a pitty, since Nalu is very cool and I use it and can recommend it to everyone :-) If that really is the reason, maybe stop recording during this part and enable it afterwards.

 Please please please record the session!

Thanks

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 17, 2020, 3:54:56 AM6/17/20
to GWT Contributors
We plan to record at least the session about frameworks, but will not do it this time, because we have not decided how to.

The next part is, when recording we record questions from participants. Not sure, If we need then a legal agreement.