[Official Google Video Blog] New Feature: Choose Your Audience with Unlisted Videos

Google Video team

Oct 10, 2006, 5:01:20 PM10/10/06
to google-v...@googlegroups.com
You asked and we answered. With our newest feature, unlisted videos, you can upload videos without making them publicly available in the Google Video search results and share them with only those people you want to see them.

Are you a proud new mom and dad? Maybe you want to share a video of the newest addition to your family with grandparents who live an ocean away.

Or maybe your college roommate's rendition of "It's Raining Men" was absolutely historic, but he'd hunt you down and destroy you if you shared the video with the world.

Or it could be that you're an up-and-coming filmmaker who doesn't want those Hollywood sharks stealing your original screenplay before you get an agent.

Now, for all of the above instances, you can just unlist your video and share the link only with the people you trust.

Unlisting videos is easy. All you have to do is check the "Unlisted" option when uploading your video(s) at http://video.google.com/videouploadform. You'll then get a unique URL that you can email to anyone you want - and no one else.

--
Posted by Google Video team to Official Google Video Blog at 10/10/2006 01:49:00 PM