Google Teacher Newsletter - Holiday AND GTA for Admins

Google Educator Outreach

Dec 18, 2009, 4:38:47 PM12/18/09
to google-teacher-center
Happy Holidays, educators,

We know you're probably busy marking your final papers and getting your classrooms in order before the holiday break, but we wanted to sneak in one last message to you before you check out for the season.

We're very excited to announce our first ever Google Teacher Academy for Administrators.  Since many of you have been asking for a GTA for Admins for a while, we've decided to host the first one immediately preceding the ASCD conference, on Friday, March 5th in San Antonio, Texas.  As you might know, the Google Teacher Academy for Administrators is a FREE professional development experience designed to help K-12 educational leaders get the most from innovative technologies. Each Academy is an intensive, one-day event where participants get hands-on experience with Google's free products and other technologies, learn about innovative instructional strategies, receive resources to share with colleagues, and learn how to apply examples from our innovative corporate environment.  Potential applicants include educational leaders or decision makers including (but not limited to) school principals, assistant principals, state, county or district superintendents, technology directors or coordinators, and CTOs who actively serve K-12 teachers and students.  For more information, please check out:  http://www.google.com/educators/gtaforadmins.html
OR
Apply before midnight, January 25th here:  https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1lYmFfTU4zN1RQWDBpX20wb3BsWXc6MA

And, for those of you who teach our future computer scientists and developers, we have something else that might be of interest... Google I/O, our annual developer conference, brings together thousands of web, mobile, and enterprise developers for two days of highly technical content focused on building the next generation of web applications. Next year's Google I/O will take place on May 19-20, 2010 at Moscone West in San Francisco, CA. On January 12th, we'll be opening registration for Google I/O to the public, and as we have in the past, we'll be offering significantly discounted pricing for Academia registrants (for K-12 and universities).

If you'd like to bring Google developer products and technologies like Android, Chrome, Google Web Toolkit, Google APIs, etc. to your classroom, register to attend Google I/O at http://code.google.com/io. Please note that the Academia discount will be limited and available on a first come, first serve basis, so we recommend registering in advance. To stay up to date on Google I/O news, follow http://twitter.com/googleio.

Lastly,  for all you Google Apps users:  Want to keep up with latest and greatest features released in the Google Apps products - Gmail, Calendar, Sites, Docs, and more? Check out the Google Apps blog - http://googleapps.blogspot.com. You can also subscribe to get alerts by email. To subscribe, visit http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=GoogleAppsUpdates&loc=en_US

We won't take up any more of your precious pre-holiday time.  Please go and enjoy your winter breaks and we look forward to seeing some of you in San Antonio in March.

Here's to a peaceful and joyful new year to you, your families (both in and out of your classrooms),
Cristin

Cristin Frodella
Google
K-12 Education Outreach