Document cache and Perimeter Security

Richy

Feb 5, 2015, 12:56:22 PM2/5/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We would like to be able to query a document's cached content as part of a solution to provide client's using GSA.

The issue we are coming up against is that it is likely that clients have Perimeter Security enabled along with implementing one or more of the various Universal Login providers.

The search appliance must be able to continue to serve search results itself, so using Trusted Applications to send the credentials is not possible.

Any other ideas?

Mathias Bierl

Feb 5, 2015, 12:59:02 PM2/5/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean with clients have perimeter security enabled ?

Do you mean the GSA setting or what else do you mean ?

Dave Watts

Feb 5, 2015, 1:04:57 PM2/5/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
I don't understand at all what you're trying to do. Perhaps it would
benefit you to explain in more detail.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) on GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-
authorized instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.
Message has been deleted

Mathias Bierl

Feb 5, 2015, 2:35:57 PM2/5/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
What you write does have nothing to do with perimeter security because perimeter security requires a valid login for every search (public and secure documents).

If you want to retrieve cached version of secured documents you need an account which has access to all these documents in GSA and you have to implement the configured security configuration for authentication.

There is no possibility to retrieve cached content for secured documents without these steps.

So you have to talk to the customer how they secured there results and implement it this way

Am Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2015 20:31:36 UTC+1 schrieb Richy:
Hi,

We develop a product that provides content enrichment for content.

We would like to integrate our product with GSA and offer it to customers who use GSA.

One way we are looking to do this is obtain the urls of documents on the GSA either by querying it directly or by placing a proxy in between the GSA and content sources and saving the requested url.

Once we have the document urls we query the GSA to get the cached content for the document and then send a metadata feed back to the GSA for those urls.

This works fine for public urls, but if the GSA has Secure Search -> Universal Login -> Perimeter Security along with urls that have ACLs then this does not work as the GSA is expecting a valid user session.

So we need a way of being able to send credentials with our query for the cache.  The Trusted Applications feature does not address this as it does not allow the GSA to serve search results via its front-end when enabled. I'm also not sure if you can do cache queries via Trusted Applications anyway http://www.google.com/support/enterprise/static/gsa/docs/admin/72/gsa_doc_set/secure_search/secure_search_api.html

Does this explain it a bit better?