Enabling the crawl results to link to collapsed content

Mark Ledbetter

Feb 3, 2015, 4:46:01 PM2/3/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
Question for the group,

Is there a way we can tag embedded content so that the GSA can send a  user straight to that text? Similarly to how a help document works from the table of contents. When you hit the link it fires you down to that section of content. We need the GSA results link to send the user to a section of a document not just the top of the page.

Thanks

Dave Watts

Feb 3, 2015, 5:07:30 PM2/3/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
Not really. The GSA links to individual documents. For what you want,
you'd need links within documents. It's possible to provide links
within HTML and PDF documents, but unless you have those you're not
going to be able to do it just with the GSA.

If you do have links within documents, you could presumably fiddle
around with the XSLT to serve those links, but the GSA isn't going to
catalog them or know what they are in advance.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) on GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-
authorized instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.

angelo

Feb 4, 2015, 9:02:24 AM2/4/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
hi there
there is a way to do it on PDF files, if is a single word or a quoted text you can add link information to the URL and enable search with in the document file.
regards