Re: Form authentication error in Google Search Appliance

Dave Watts

Jan 19, 2015, 12:23:32 PM1/19/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
> After a lot of research we found out, that the GSA has lost all the
> passwords, that we entered when we created the "form authentication rules".
> After creating the forms, we have to make the URL "make public". Now, when I
> click save, two things happen:
>
> The red star at the of the password is gone
> The password is also gone
>
> At this point the GSA is not able to log in into our portal anymore. We
> stayed in contact with Google, but they say this is no bug. They told us to
> enter all the passwords by hand. Now all the passwords are visible in the
> admin interface.
>
> Question:
>
> Is there anybody who has the same behavior?
> Is this a normal behavior, that the password get lost, when clicking "make
> public"?

The passwords are not shown after you enter them, regardless of
whether you choose "make public" or not.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) on GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-
authorized instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.