Syslog Report Format

Georgina Allbrook

Jan 5, 2015, 4:00:59 PM1/5/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

From http://www.google.com/support/enterprise/static/gsa/docs/admin/72/admin_console_help/syslog_reports.html  it says that the message format is the "Time in seconds for the request to be handled", however, we are seeing values like 146.00 for the time value which seems very long.  Could there be an error in the docs and this value is actually milliseconds which makes more sense?

We are using version 7.2

I note that search logs exported directly from the admin console have the processing time in milliseconds.

Thanks Georgina.

Mathias Bierl

Jan 5, 2015, 4:07:05 PM1/5/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
I guess you are talking here about two different things:

Syslog and search logs are not the same.

If you are talking about syslog then 146 seconds could be valid if you are using secure searches with late binding.

Could you give us an example how your output looks like ?

Georgina Allbrook

Jan 5, 2015, 4:26:08 PM1/5/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I know that the two logs are not the same, I find it curious that processing time would be output in two different formats. We are not using late binding.

An example from the syslog is copied below

Jan  6 09:40:38 (server ip) usage: (request ip) - - [06/Jan/2015:09:38:57 -1200] "GET /search?q=google+search&site=default_collection&client=waikato&
output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=waikato&ie=UTF-8&ulang&ip=(request ip)&access=p&sort=date:D:L:d1&entqr=3&entqrm=0&entsp=a__waikato&wc=200&wc_mc=1&oe=UTF-8&ud=1 HTTP/1.1" 200 9887 1000 146.00

As you can see the search is searching on public content.

Running this same search manually returns results in 0.15s

Georgina.

Mathias Bierl

Jan 6, 2015, 9:07:01 AM1/6/15
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com
I tested it on our GSA and have the same effect.
Maybe this is a bug.

Best would be to open a ticket to get an information about it and when it will be fixed