News in trends

olib

Aug 20, 2009, 10:11:13 AM8/20/09
to Google Labs - Trends
Is there any way to switch off the news on the trends page?

Or better still, make it relevant to the country you are looking at?
So, for example, if I do a search for football in England, despite
England having on the world's leading football leagues, none of the
news stories (that I can see) are about the English game, and instead
mainly about American Football... which is a totally different game:

http://google.co.uk/trends?q=football&ctab=0&geo=gb&geor=gbr.eng&date=all&sort=0

Which makes it totally pointless.

Cheers,

Olly

olib

Sep 7, 2009, 4:55:32 AM9/7/09
to Google Labs - Trends
Thanks for the response from someone who said that if I use soccer
rather than football that would give me relevant answers. The point
is few people outside of the US would use soccer in preference to
football; and as this is looking at search results then it'd be good
to use words people actually search with. As this is meant to be
showing UK results, it would be useful if the news reflected UK news.