Request for Web Traffic Data

Αχιλλέας

Dec 14, 2009, 9:45:57 AM12/14/09
to Google Trends
Hello,
I am undergraduate student at the National Technical University of
Athens and member of the Forecasting & Strategy Unit directed from
Prof. Vassilis Assimakopoulos. In collaboration with Distinguished
Research Professor Spyros Makridakis (INSEAD) and other university
professors we are going to organize the international forecasting
competition M4 which is a continuation of competitions M1 (Journal of
Forecasting, Vol. 1, pp. 111-153, (1982)), M2 (Journal of Forecasting,
Vol.9, pp. 5-22, (1993)), and M3 (International Journal of
Forecasting, Vol. 16, pp. 451–476, (2000)). The contest organized
will use approximately 10,000 time series from different areas, one
area called the Internet and Telecommunications is approximately 10%
of the total time series. For this reason we would like to kindly
request for data regarding the traffic on the Internet (eg daily
traffic of 1000 popular websites, daily exchange of data etc). We
understand that some items are subject to restrictions of personal
data and we do not ask anything more than the numerical values of the
data presented in your charts (for a longer time horizon if
available). Your help will be very useful.
Thank you in advance and I am at your disposal for any information.I
look forward hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Axilleas Raptis

SivaThumma

Jan 9, 2010, 10:39:59 AM1/9/10
to Google Trends
Though your question is kind of time consuming to answer,
I would request you Understand these points :

around 80% of your question's solution revolves around internet
search engines,
Page Rank tool is well researched by search engines like google
and they apply it in their searches,
http-referrer data is normally only kept in records by search
engines like yahoo, google, bing, etc.
Though you think that your question is for only numbers but it
is not just "numbers".

I would suggest you to try the following:
catch hold any search engine employee in Athens and go ahead to
offer coffee to have a chit chat with you,
and if it happens, ask your questions.
else,
read anlytics.blogspot.com to start from there.

There are sites that get billion hits a day - Just for numbers,
We can almost name google, yahoo, bing, youtube, twitter ( which
shouts so much ), wikipedia, etc & etc.
But traffic is not just a number like million and billion. It is more
to do with Geography, new users daily, regular users, clients, client
types, and so many commas if we consider writing.