Can Picasa Linux find my photos on my windows partition?

Erik

Dec 20, 2007, 8:25:41 PM12/20/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I can not find an option for that I have about 40 gig of pictures on a
2nd drive but can't find how to make picasa look there?

magnesus2

Dec 21, 2007, 5:26:50 AM12/21/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
If you have all the partitions of the second drive mounted in the /
media/ folder then you may choose them in the folder manager in Picasa
(they are in /media/ or in z: - don't remember and don't have linux
here, at work, only at home).
If your partitions aren't mounted you have to mount them - for NTFS
you'll need NTFS-3G.

Erik

Dec 22, 2007, 8:43:39 AM12/22/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Thanks! Found them with your help.

mhenriday

Dec 23, 2007, 1:16:01 PM12/23/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Magnesus2, I'm running a triple boot machine with two HDDs, on one of
which (64-bit) Ubuntu Gutsy, on the other of which both (32-bit)
Windows XP and Vista Business are installed. I've got a fair amount of
photos installed on the XP setup which I'd love to be able to access
from Picasa on Ubuntu. Do you know of any step-by-step tutorials for
those not entirely familiar with mounting procedures which could help
me to do so ? Hitherto I've been reduced to sendings these photos to a
Web Album which I could then access from the new version of Picasa in
Gutsy, but things would be a lot simpler if I could get Picasa to
check out the Windows HDD as a matter of course....

Henri

Michael

Dec 24, 2007, 1:10:28 PM12/24/07
to mhen...@gmail.com, Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Here's a pretty good "Mounting Windows Partitions in Ubuntu" article:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/mountwindows

At the end it talks about setting it up read/write, but if you're new
to all this, I recommend leaving it read-only for now. You should
still be able to view your albums with Picasa on Linux, but you just
won't be able to edit them (at least, not without copying the images
to your Linux partition first).

Michael

mhenriday

Dec 25, 2007, 4:14:57 PM12/25/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Thanks a lot, Michael, for the tip, which I definitely am going to
check out. When I've done so, I'll report back to let you - and other
users - know how these procedures worked for me....

Henri

On Dec 24, 7:10 pm, Michael <mtmm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a pretty good "Mounting Windows Partitions in Ubuntu" article:http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/mountwindows
>
> At the end it talks about setting it up read/write, but if you're new
> to all this, I recommend leaving it read-only for now. You should
> still be able to view your albums with Picasa on Linux, but you just
> won't be able to edit them (at least, not without copying the images
> to your Linux partition first).
>
> Michael

Jürgen Lück

Oct 20, 2013, 12:31:56 PM10/20/13
to google-labs-pi...@googlegroups.com, Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux, erik.pe...@nationalcity.com
Ich habe Linux neben Windows installiert. Picasa konnte bisher keine bilder von der Windows-Partition lesen. Ich habe mir wie folgt beholfen:

Ich habe vom Bilder-Ordner in Windows eine Verknüpfung erstellt.

Die habe ich in den Bilder-Ordner von Linux kopiert. Zack. Jetzt liest mein Linux-Picasa gerade alle bilder ein! ;-)

The Real Bev

Oct 20, 2013, 5:09:54 PM10/20/13
to google-labs-pi...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes I want to crop a photo and then blow it up, but there doesn't
seem to be any way of doing this with picasa. I can do it with xv, but
then I lose the exif info. Anybody know what I missed?

--
Cheers, Bev
"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have

Patrick Shanahan

Oct 28, 2013, 11:31:06 PM10/28/13
to google-labs-pi...@googlegroups.com
* The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> [10-20-13 17:12]:
> Sometimes I want to crop a photo and then blow it up, but there doesn't
> seem to be any way of doing this with picasa. I can do it with xv, but
> then I lose the exif info.

And gain a lot of fuzzies :^)

> Anybody know what I missed?

gimp ???

The Real Bev

Oct 29, 2013, 1:00:15 AM10/29/13
to google-labs-pi...@googlegroups.com

> * The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> [10-20-13 17:12]:
>> Sometimes I want to crop a photo and then blow it up, but there doesn't
>> seem to be any way of doing this with picasa. I can do it with xv, but
>> then I lose the exif info.
>
> And gain a lot of fuzzies :^)

Yeah, but that doesn't really matter most of the time. "Macro"
capability generally isn't as capable as I'd like it to be.

>> Anybody know what I missed?
>
> gimp ???

Gimp is overkill, although it's nice for dealing with the trapezoidality
of wide-angle photos.

Speed and simplicity is what picasa is good at. I suppose wishing it
had a few more useful functions would eventually lead to something as
complex as gimp, but if they'd add just a FEW...

--
Cheers, Bev
"Is there any way I can help without actually getting involved?"