Picasa 3.9 can't sign in with wine, some sync problem with virtualbox

sevenjay

Dec 26, 2011, 12:49:21 AM12/26/11
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
well, Picasa 3.9
I can't sign in with wine,
and some sync problem with virtualbox:
http://www.google.bg/support/forum/p/Picasa/thread?tid=46c97760fa7e5789&hl=en

so...
Is there any solution to run Picasa 3.9 in Linux?

Stephen

Dec 27, 2011, 7:19:17 AM12/27/11
to google-labs-pi...@googlegroups.com
Hardly likely as the sign in authorization is different. This has been answered already btw. Should have searched first. ;)

Rob

Oct 18, 2013, 2:51:54 AM10/18/13
to google-labs-pi...@googlegroups.com, sevenj...@gmail.com
Many have said they've got it working by installing ie6 via winetricks.  I cannot get it to work.  I remember seeing somewhere a way to upgrade by installing the more recent version somewhere else and then copying files to the old location but I'm not sure which files to copy and which to leave.