how to reorder the finance portfolios

lee

Apr 17, 2011, 6:39:28 AM4/17/11
to Google Finance
I want to know how to reorder/change the portfolios.
There is only option for add / edit/ delete portfolios now. Is reorder
the display of portfolios possible?
I saw some one has reported this issue back in 2007. Has google fixed
this bug yet?

Thanks.

Google Finance Guide

Apr 19, 2011, 2:16:17 PM4/19/11
to Google Finance
Thanks for reporting!

Unfortunately that is not an option at the moment, but it is on our
list of suggestions.

Thanks,
Laura

Grrrrr

May 23, 2011, 11:42:46 AM5/23/11
to Google Finance
I would also be very interested in doing this, as my "default"
portfolio is now closed, but I would like to keep the information.

Thanks Google! Love your products!

Alex Dejarnatt

Jun 28, 2012, 12:22:59 PM6/28/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that the feature has not been added yet!!!!!!!

Alex

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM, LZK Capital <onnig....@gmail.com> wrote:
Has this feature been added yet!?!?!?!  Seems like it would be a pretty easy bit of code to add and I think it would make a huge difference.

Peter Hwang

Nov 25, 2012, 9:36:58 PM11/25/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I agree!

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Ming-Ying Chung <myc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Really need this feature, thanks!

PHBCanada

Apr 19, 2013, 11:50:33 AM4/19/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Me too!!
This could easily be done by providing a list just like "edit portfolio".

Craig Thome

Dec 31, 2013, 12:52:12 PM12/31/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't look like the option to reorder portfolios has been implemented, but there is an easy workaround.

The portfolios seem to be listed in the order they were created.  So for each existing portfolio you have, download the transactions to a spreadsheet or OFX file.  Then Delete all your portfolios from Google Finance.  This will need to be done individually for each portfolio.  Next, Create new portfolios in the order you would like them.  Finally, import the transaction data you previously saved.

Not the easiest way if you have a lot of portfolios but it is an option.

Darrell Foley

May 28, 2015, 10:57:59 PM5/28/15
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Nice workaround Craig.

Really wish Google would add an option to rearrange or sort portfolios.
Even displaying alphabetically would be an easier task for Google developers, and users could just rename portfolios with ABCs to arrange.

Darrell.

Ben S.

Oct 7, 2016, 10:47:04 AM10/7/16
to Google Finance

Over nine years have gone by, and this simple, sensible suggestion has not been implemented yet?? Really Google, this is just plain embarassing. Google Finance is a worthwhile property, but like any web asset, you have to put a bit of effort into it once in a while. Think for a moment how much your server is getting pounded because all those users don't have their default portfolio at the top of the stack. Put this on your mod list and get it done. Please.

Doug6388

Nov 17, 2016, 4:16:19 PM11/17/16
to Google Finance
Android Google Finance app not available?  I have to use Yahoo Finance on my S7 as I can NOT find the GF app.  Any chance a mouse over on my portfolio could pop up the notes comments?  Tks

Cheenu M

Feb 28, 2017, 5:29:19 AM2/28/17
to Google Finance
Too bad such a simple feature is still not implemented - come on Google, you can do better !!

sanlv ye

Jul 8, 2017, 5:10:52 AM7/8/17
to Google Finance
I also have the same wish. Hope we have this option soon.

Thank you.

Sanlv

Vivian Sprague

Oct 10, 2017, 11:16:47 PM10/10/17
to Google Finance

Sid Moye

Dec 12, 2018, 3:05:59 AM12/12/18
to Google Finance
This is such a basic feature in any financial portfolio. I cannot believe Google has not had this from the beginning. Yahoo has it and many others. There Stock Portfolio tools definitely need upgrading...Sad!

David Innes

Mar 6, 2019, 3:31:15 AM3/6/19
to Google Finance
Very much agree, is a standard feature on most sites and definitely needed.

Kimberly Smith

Mar 22, 2019, 5:45:25 PM3/22/19
to Google Finance

We apologize but it will not be where you can get on and use your portfolio now Google finance support only the c drive now thank you sorry for your inconvenience Kimberly Smith

SuperSurfer Surfer

Mar 23, 2020, 3:25:23 PM3/23/20
to Google Finance
This is the #1 reason people use finance.yahoo.com .. it's 1000% better.

It's so SAD that Google has access to all the data, yet treats so many of it's products or services as "pet projects", appearing to users as something one person codes in their spare time, and that a $T company has no budget to spend a few thousand to extend capabilities.    Google needs to get it's act together if it ever wants to be perceived sa something more than an R&D company, where Development and promotion of products beyond Beta.. is always an afterthought.

Bob Van Wagner

Apr 3, 2020, 12:37:25 AM4/3/20
to Google Finance
I had used Yahoo Portfolios before the Google one, and I went back to Yahoo not long after Google abbandoned it's profolio manager.   And since then Yahoo has improved things, again and again.  Yehoo does not however, at least for free, the graph of portfolio performance that google did.

Ken Z

May 26, 2020, 4:47:46 PM5/26/20
to Google Finance
9 years later

AJ

Jun 8, 2020, 1:45:48 PM6/8/20
to Google Finance
Still waiting. Laura, Are you still at google?

Mansoor Ali

Jun 8, 2020, 1:45:59 PM6/8/20
to Google Finance
This is such a basic feature to include, can;t believe that this has not been added after all these years!

rvh

Jun 17, 2020, 12:11:25 PM6/17/20
to Google Finance
inconceivable that google finance doesn't have a ticker re-ordering feature.

the last incarnation of google finance was so much better. then they hired a bunch of interns and gave them angular and this is what we have.

someone suggested yahoo finance and it would have been great except that it's loaded with crap and slow as snails.