utf-8 encoding

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Bas Rokers

unread,
Jun 15, 2005, 4:49:59 PM6/15/05
to Google-Desktop...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I got an email suggesting that the plugin is not working properly for
all languages (alphabets).

I set up a test version that attempts to fix this problem at:

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~rokers/test.htm

I cannot completely test this fix myself, since my computer is set up
to use the Latin alphabet. Can anyone using a non-Latin alphabet test
this fix and let me know if it is working?

Thank you.

Bas

David

unread,
Jun 16, 2005, 2:17:10 PM6/16/05
to Google-Desktop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bas
I can confirm the problem, and the fix did nothing.
I tried it with Hebrew, the letters went it alright in Hebrew chars,
right to left, but the search failed, and the google ds field displayed
??????
typing the same query in the gds direcly worked fine.
r u sure that the fix replaces the regular version that I installed
(minutes earlier?)
Thanks for the convenient tool,
David

Bas Rokers

unread,
Jun 16, 2005, 3:37:20 PM6/16/05
to Google-Desktop...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. The fix will not directly replace an older
version that you have already installed. You will first have to remove
the older version. For instructions on removing the older version, go
here:

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~rokers/gds/gdsfaq.htm#remove

Let me know if that works for you,

Bas

David

unread,
Jun 20, 2005, 12:21:34 PM6/20/05
to Google-Desktop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bas,
OK, I tested the new version after removing the previous one, and this
works in Hebrew.
Thanks again,
David

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages