Google Calendar does not work in Mozilla Firefox 2.0

102 views
Skip to first unread message

Kees

unread,
Nov 20, 2006, 4:47:34 PM11/20/06
to Google Calendar Users
After I made an account for Google Calendar, this feature shows a
disabled layout. This is not the problem in Internet Explorer 6.0, a
browser that I rather not use. Is there anyone who can tell me how I
get Google Calender running properly in Mozilla Firefox 2.0??

Doug Weller

unread,
Nov 21, 2006, 11:22:45 AM11/21/06
to Google-Cal...@googlegroups.com
Works for me. Are you using a theme?

Doug

Andreas

unread,
Nov 21, 2006, 11:24:55 AM11/21/06
to Google Calendar Users
I had exactly the same problem until a fellow at this forum told me to
use the https:// instead of http://

So use https://www.google.com/calendar/render and GCal will work in
Firefox 2.0

Cheers
/A

Doug Weller

unread,
Nov 21, 2006, 11:31:49 AM11/21/06
to Google-Cal...@googlegroups.com
On 21/11/06, Andreas <andreas.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had exactly the same problem until a fellow at this forum told me to
> use the https:// instead of http://
>
> So use https://www.google.com/calendar/render and GCal will work in
> Firefox 2.0
>

Weird as http://www.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1 does work for me.
I can't figure this out -- extensions? Themes?


--
Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.thehallofmaat.com
Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

Andreas

unread,
Nov 21, 2006, 11:39:53 AM11/21/06
to Google Calendar Users
Only normal stuff.
Default Theme
Tab browser pref
Tab Color
Google Web Accelerator
Cooliris Preview
Foxtune
IE Tab

The only thing I can imagine have anything to do with this would be the
Accelerator, but that is far fetch

/A

On Nov 21, 4:31 pm, "Doug Weller" <dougwel...@gmail.com> wrote:


> On 21/11/06, Andreas <andreas.p.lindst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I had exactly the same problem until a fellow at this forum told me to
> > use the https:// instead of http://
>

> > So usehttps://www.google.com/calendar/renderand GCal will work in
> > Firefox 2.0Weird ashttp://www.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1does work for me.


> I can't figure this out -- extensions? Themes?
>
> --
> Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated

> Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'athttp://www.thehallofmaat.com

Andreas

unread,
Nov 21, 2006, 11:47:14 AM11/21/06
to Google Calendar Users
ohh... Did I mention that firefox 2.0 did work just fine for me for
over 4 weeks, the suddenly it was all fucked up.
I didn't do any installation at that time, just one day it was not
functioning.

So you might be next in line ;)

/A

On Nov 21, 4:39 pm, "Andreas" <andreas.p.lindst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Only normal stuff.
> Default Theme
> Tab browser pref
> Tab Color
> Google Web Accelerator
> Cooliris Preview
> Foxtune
> IE Tab
>
> The only thing I can imagine have anything to do with this would be the
> Accelerator, but that is far fetch
>
> /A
>
> On Nov 21, 4:31 pm, "Doug Weller" <dougwel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 21/11/06, Andreas <andreas.p.lindst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I had exactly the same problem until a fellow at this forum told me to
> > > use the https:// instead of http://
>

> > > So usehttps://www.google.com/calendar/renderandGCal will work in
> > > Firefox 2.0Weird ashttp://www.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1doeswork for me.

Doug Weller

unread,
Nov 21, 2006, 2:12:34 PM11/21/06
to Google-Cal...@googlegroups.com
On 21/11/06, Andreas <andreas.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ohh... Did I mention that firefox 2.0 did work just fine for me for
> over 4 weeks, the suddenly it was all fucked up.
> I didn't do any installation at that time, just one day it was not
> functioning.
>
> So you might be next in line ;)

Ok. Back everything up with Mozbackup's latest version, and uninstall
Firefox, getting rid of your old profile, etc. I'd even take out your
plugins first, you can always reinstall them. Install 2.0 cleanly,
then restore the backup. Then put the plugins back one after the
other.
Of the ones you use, I only have TBP.
Doug

Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.thehallofmaat.com

haocheng

unread,
Nov 26, 2006, 6:53:53 PM11/26/06
to Google Calendar Users
Hey, I changed to "https://" ,
and it solved my problems!
Thanks a lot :)

Andreas 寫道:

Erblemoof

unread,
Dec 19, 2006, 12:22:04 PM12/19/06
to Google Calendar Users
Using https:// worked for me too, thanks!

Being

unread,
Dec 23, 2006, 7:11:30 PM12/23/06
to Google Calendar Users
I had the same problem just after i installed the Google Web
Accelerator. This is the cause for this problem, i guess.

On Nov 21, 5:39 pm, "Andreas" <andreas.p.lindst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Only normal stuff.
> Default Theme
> Tab browser pref
> Tab Color
> Google Web Accelerator
> Cooliris Preview
> Foxtune
> IE Tab
>
> The only thing I can imagine have anything to do with this would be the
> Accelerator, but that is far fetch
>
> /A
>
> On Nov 21, 4:31 pm, "Doug Weller" <dougwel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 21/11/06, Andreas <andreas.p.lindst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I had exactly the same problem until a fellow at this forum told me to

> > > use thehttps:// instead of http://
>
> > > So usehttps://www.google.com/calendar/renderandGCal will work in
> > > Firefox 2.0Weird ashttp://www.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1doeswork for me.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages