Link for individual event's .ics?

haliphax

Sep 8, 2009, 3:59:55 PM9/8/09
to Google Calendar Users
I've become very frustrated over the past couple of weeks trying to
figure out how to give customers something they can click on to
provide them with a generic iCalendar .ics file for importing into
their calendar program of choice (namely Outlook). However, I'm not
finding ANYTHING short of e-mailing the event to myself, and that's
not quite working, either.

Does anyone have any information regarding this, or if it's even
possible (yet)?

Josh

Sep 17, 2009, 3:29:20 PM9/17/09
to Google Calendar Users
To send someone an .ics for a single event, you can add them as a
"guest" from the event detail.-- it emails them a .ics file.

If you were looking for way to peel out one event to export (I
remember doing this using Palm Desktop) then I couldn't figure it out
either. I think you can do this with Thunderbird which you can sync
to GCal.

haliphax

Sep 29, 2009, 10:48:32 AM9/29/09
to Google Calendar Users
Thunderbird is not an option, as we are a Microsoft Office shop.
Likewise, adding guests is not an option, since they will be looking
at a public calendar and hand-picking the events they wish to attend.
I had a feeling this functionality just wasn't in place yet. Has it
even been requested?