Lotus Notes > Google Calendar Using 3rd Party App

Ronald

Jul 9, 2009, 2:07:34 AM7/9/09
to Google Calendar Users
Any luck anyone? I'm using CompanionLink free trial at the moment
and found out that it can't export custom recurring events. Anyone
has other app I can try? Thanks.

Josh

Jul 10, 2009, 11:12:27 AM7/10/09
to Google Calendar Users
A technique I have used successfully to manually transfer Lotus Notes
entries to GCal is detailed here:
http://cfguy.instantspot.com/blog/2007/2/28/Syncing-Lotus-Notes-with-Google-Calendar

I never used the GCal --> LN approach: my LN calendar is to important
to risk this.
I dabbled with the LN ics extractor >--manual--> Thunderbird with
Lightning <--auto--> Gcal with mixed results.

Presently, I'm back to using CompanionLink. It seems like the best of
the worst:
1) I have noticed issues like changes to calendar comments not being
pushed through
2) It won't run with LN is open so I have to manually sync
3) I had to manually configure the proxy setting because it doesn't
understand autoproxy.

I made an effort at the ScheduleWorld Funambol approach but couldn't
get reliable performance.

An option I saw that I couldn't use was LN <---> MS Outlook <--->
GCal. The two sync engines are open source and appear to work well.

This is an enormous amount of effort to get LN cal on my iPhone --
what a pain!

Incidentally, the GCal <---> iPhone App I'm using is SaiSuke and it
works perfectly -- no complaints.