Bookmark limits?

Shivon...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2007, 5:40:36 PM8/7/07
to Google Bookmarks
Hi! Does ANYONE know how many bookmarks we can have with Google??
I've had MSN for a VERY long time... and I have too many bookmarks
with them... just over 100... and they say because it's too MANY it
sqrewed up the server! Which I think is RIDICULOUS! Why do that put
such a limit? I enter MANY sweepstakes and NEED many bookmarks! I
need to know if there's a limit here so I don't go over and cause
ANOTHER bookmark problem for myself! I add and delete bookmarks
almost EVERY week! Any help or where I can FIND the answer would be
great! Thanks again!

Sincerely, Shivonne

OG

Aug 9, 2007, 12:00:40 PM8/9/07
to Google Bookmarks
Weird. My *guess* is Google Bookmarks have no limit. I *know* there
is no limit on Simpy and I'm pretty sure other services have no
limits. MSN, ah ah ah

On Aug 7, 11:40 pm, "Shivonnegr...@gmail.com"

jmasondotnet

Aug 12, 2007, 12:36:45 PM8/12/07
to Google Bookmarks
I currently have close to 500 bookmarks and it is working fine here, I
have seen in a post where someone had close to 6000 i think, So i
would think that currently there is no limit on Bookmarks.

Jesse

On Aug 7, 4:40 pm, "Shivonnegr...@gmail.com" <Shivonnegr...@gmail.com>

OG

Aug 14, 2007, 2:55:14 AM8/14/07
to Google Bookmarks
Yeah. I have seen people with a few tens of thousands of bookmarks
( this is on simpy.com ) - amazing.

Shivon...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2007, 2:52:25 PM8/14/07
to Google Bookmarks
Thank you soo much to all your responses! I really love Google
bookmarks because of that REALLY cool option of deleting the bookmark
with ONE right click!
OMigosh! MSN is the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORST! And I JUST don't UNDERSTAND
THEM??? I hate to say it but I LOVE the software and have been using
if forever...
I even pay 9.95 EXTRA each month JUST to have their premuim software
for the emails... but I SWEAR They are NOTHING but trouble!! I have
MORE problems with MSN than
anything ELSE... which is ODD simply because umm.. HEELLLLOO!! Being
on 'Windows' (Vista in MY case) shouldn't they work WELL together...
Microsoft... etc? UUUGE!
Anyways, I'm STICKING with google... and may just change my DEFAULT
mail with them too and FORGET MSN----NOTHING but problems!!!
Anyways, sorry to GO OFF there on a tangine there... but thanks for
all your answers! I appreciate it! Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely, Shivonne

Charles Riggs

Aug 4, 2014, 5:30:50 PM8/4/14
to google-b...@googlegroups.com, Google-B...@googlegroups.com
There is definitely a limit unless you use Folders.  Without folders, eventually you will stop seeing your bookmarked webpages in the drop down menu.

Frederick Willis

Oct 31, 2017, 11:53:19 AM10/31/17
to Google Bookmarks
Well this may have been the case 10 years ago but you can't get anymore than 24 now. Not sure if you make other folders if it saves them all. If you try to add a desktop shortcut that works, but there are so many problems with that to. It won't change the icon to the website icon and when you click on it after saving it after the page comes up there will not be a search bar at the top so you can't go to any other website unless you open yet another search page. Google is just getting way to big for their self and not fixing the problems they have with many other things.