Lost City Sticker

Joanne Michalski

Jun 7, 2018, 7:24:00 AM6/7/18
to Good Neighbors Group
Hi,

We realized that our city sticker was out of date - my husband tried to
renew on line and was told that we are paid up until 2019. We think that
the sticker must have been lost in the mail. I did some research and it
looks like we need to file a police report to get a replacement. Has
anyone else gone through this process? Do we really need to file a
police report - my guess is that it was in the mail when we returned
from a vacation and was accidentally discarded. Thanks for any help.

Joanne

---

Sam Guard

Jun 7, 2018, 6:33:13 PM6/7/18
to jomi...@sbcglobal.net, Good Neighbors Group
Yes, Joanne, I had to do the whole rigmarole recently --
     Only 3 places in the city will handle replacement Stickers, all weekdays only:  City Hall, someplace on northside, and 5674 S. Archer Av.
      Hoping to avoid downtown parking fees, I opted to go to Archer Avenue.   The exact address of 5674 S. is important because it is a tiny office easy to miss, as I did twice.   There they directed me to their nearest Police Station, which is not near (ie walking distant).   The polite Policeman said he never heard of such as my request.   An older saturnine Cop showed him how to fill out a "Walk-In" Report.   My verbal answers seemed acceptable;  nothing was asked to be seen or documented.   I signed several times in several places;  then drove back to the Archer office to present my copy of the Report where they gleefully issued me a new Sticker without further charge (I had, of course, paid initially for it) .
      As it was late in day, I was happy to head for home having frittered away three precious hours.    I now know more acutely than ever:  Chicago has lost all sense of Government, its purpose, and how to accomplish it.
                --regrettably, SAM G.

Jun 7, 2018, 9:06:20 PM6/7/18
to samg...@sbcglobal.net, jomi...@sbcglobal.net, GoodNe...@googlegroups.com
Would this place also issue new license stickers?   Thank you.  JGoodman

PS:  I went to Ald King's office today at 435 E. 35th....had to park far away and walk far to get in.  It was Window Stickers only.  So I also spent 3 hours and got nothing.

Joanne Michalski

Jun 8, 2018, 7:22:45 AM6/8/18
to Sam Guard, Good Neighbors Group

Hi Sam,

Thank you for you answer - we are headed to a rehearsal at Grant Park (bus or bike)and will try the downtown office. We will bring along various types of documentation, just in case.

Joanne

Elena Rakochy

Jun 8, 2018, 3:30:23 PM6/8/18
to Good Neighbors
You can also get a replacement sticker at the King Drive facility. Here is a link to their website: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/vehicles/basicfees.html

Looks like it's $20.

Joan Goodman: according to their website, you can also get your license plate renewal sticker there.

Elena