This Saturday - Davis Rogan at First U

Elizabeth McCreless

Jul 3, 2024, 6:45:58 PM (3 days ago) Jul 3
to goodne...@googlegroups.com
Hi neighbors!

This Saturday at First Unitarian (57th and Woodlawn), we're having a New Orleans R&B celebration with Davis Rogan. All ages are welcome; libations and sustenance will be on hand.

Davis is a fifth-generation New Orleanian who was raised in the Carollton neighborhood. He currently resides in Treme. This combination of roots music and sharp lyrics, heard in the 2005 release, The Once and Future DJ, drew auteur David Simon to Davis as David prepared his HBO series about New Orleans, TREME. Davis began working as a consultant and, over six years and four seasons of the show, served as an actor, a scriptwriter, a piano coach, a songwriter, and the muse for the character Davis McAlary.

If that sounds like your bowl of punch, I hope you'll consider joining us - tickets are available here.

Happy 4th!

--
Elizabeth McCreless
Director of Lifespan Religious Education

(she/her/hers)

o: 773-324-4100 x112

c: 773-234-6765

dl...@firstuchicago.org | dre.f...@gmail.com