Bicycle service and repair

Shabaana Khader

Jul 1, 2024, 9:50:24 AM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to goodne...@googlegroups.com
Hello GNs
Any recommendations for bicycle service and  repair in Hyde park? Thank you!
Shabaana

Avi Schwab

Jul 1, 2024, 10:02:18 AM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to Shabaana Khader, goodne...@googlegroups.com

Small Shop, Tamago, and Blackstone Bikes are the three bike shops in HP and the surrounding area. Each is great in their own ways, and has a different mission/vibe (in my words, not theirs):
  • Small Shop specializes in affordable, high-quality bikes and repairs, and employs/trains a number of local youth.
  • Tamago specializes in higher-end/custom builds, but often does standard repairs through the summer as well.
  • Blackstone has limited hours, but is a great place to stop by for a repair, especially if you frequent the 61st St Farmers Market
Happy riding!

--
To send a message to the group, please email goodne...@googlegroups.com.

A list of local vendors suggested by community members is maintained here (GN does not endorse specific vendors): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lRoNwePIu8DtFpluJBhknMDXTOXWN9TQn2BFl-qQOT8/edit#gid=0

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Good Neighbors" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/goodneighbors/303587544.6501236.1719703702392%40mail.yahoo.com.

Bennie C.

Jul 1, 2024, 11:22:19 AM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to Avi Schwab, Shabaana Khader, goodne...@googlegroups.com
I'm particularly keen on Small Shop. And regarding their training of young people, on June 8, these three young Small Shop staffers received grant awards from the Keith Cooper Fund,  an effort by Augustana Lutheran Church of Hyde Park to give young people a boost toward the pursuits of their dreams. We created the Fund in Keith Cooper's honor, after his death tied to a car jacking incident in 2021 at the Kimbark Shopping plaza.
image.png
Bennie M. Currie
Cell:  773-517-9234
Book a meeting with me at:  https://calendly.com/mbcfinancialstrategies

Barbara Vogel

Jul 1, 2024, 2:25:50 PM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to Avi Schwab, Shabaana Khader, goodne...@googlegroups.com
My husband goes to Small Shop. He is very pleased with their work.

Jul 1, 2024, 3:29:58 PM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to barbara...@hotmail.com, Avi Schwab, Shabaana Khader, goodne...@googlegroups.com
My husband also has used Small Shop on 43rd Street and Cottage Grove.  They do quality work at reasonable prices.

Kathryn Williams

Jul 1, 2024, 4:26:26 PM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to Bennie C., Avi Schwab, Shabaana Khader, goodne...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Bennie and Augustana!

Well done,
Kathy

On Jul 1, 2024, at 10:22 AM, Bennie C. <bennie...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm particularly keen on Small Shop. And regarding their training of young people, on June 8, these three young Small Shop staffers received grant awards from the Keith Cooper Fund,  an effort by Augustana Lutheran Church of Hyde Park to give young people a boost toward the pursuits of their dreams. We created the Fund in Keith Cooper's honor, after his death tied to a car jacking incident in 2021 at the Kimbark Shopping plaza.

Kathryn Williams

Jul 1, 2024, 4:26:29 PM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to Bennie C., Avi Schwab, Shabaana Khader, goodne...@googlegroups.com
On Jul 1, 2024, at 10:22 AM, Bennie C. <bennie...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm particularly keen on Small Shop. And regarding their training of young people, on June 8, these three young Small Shop staffers received grant awards from the Keith Cooper Fund,  an effort by Augustana Lutheran Church of Hyde Park to give young people a boost toward the pursuits of their dreams. We created the Fund in Keith Cooper's honor, after his death tied to a car jacking incident in 2021 at the Kimbark Shopping plaza.

Latisha Brown

Jul 1, 2024, 4:33:33 PM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to Kathryn Williams, Avi Schwab, Bennie C., Shabaana Khader, goodne...@googlegroups.com
Great information and congratulations to the grant award recipients.

Peace & Blessings,
Latisha Brown

Giudi Weiss

Jul 2, 2024, 11:52:27 AM (4 days ago) Jul 2
to Good Neighbors
Another shout-out from me for Small Shop. Excellent service from good folks. And conveniently located on the Cottage Grove bus line, if you can't deliver by car and are able to lift your bike into the bus bike rack.

Shabaana Khader

Jul 2, 2024, 10:04:20 PM (3 days ago) Jul 2
to Kathryn Williams, Latisha Brown, Avi Schwab, Bennie C., goodne...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all!

Omar Kutty

Jul 2, 2024, 10:04:25 PM (3 days ago) Jul 2
to Giudi Weiss, goodne...@googlegroups.com
I will also chime in for Small Shop - really great store staffed by really nice people.

And FYI, there is a Divvy bike station right nearby the shop so, if you're bike is ridable, you can drop off your bike there and take the Divvy home.

A list of local vendors suggested by community members is maintained here (GN does not endorse specific vendors): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lRoNwePIu8DtFpluJBhknMDXTOXWN9TQn2BFl-qQOT8/edit#gid=0

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Good Neighbors" group.

Judith Heineman Shuldiner

Jul 2, 2024, 10:53:07 PM (3 days ago) Jul 2
to Avi Schwab, Shabaana Khader, GoodNe...@googlegroups.com
Blackstone Bicycle works at Experimental station / 61st Farmer’s Market has been around for decades also serving youth in bike repair and job training as I recall. They accept donations of old bikes and refurbish them making them very affordable. Check them out.
As ever,
Judith
Judith Heineman (Shuldiner)
Storyteller