Weekly Workout - Wednesday May 22nd: Twin Peaks Repeats w/ Guest Coach Taylor

GGRC Coach

May 20, 2024, 4:06:46 PMMay 20
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, May 22nd, 6:15 PM
📍  Where: Meeting at Kezar Stadium, the East Gate / Running Twin Peaks

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Warm up
  • Workout
  • Cooldown
IMPORTANT: I have to miss practice this week for work so our Comms chair Taylor will be standing in as guest coach! His workout is Twin Peaks repeats - for real this time! (but much saner) We'll still meet at Kezar, but outside the East Gate (with the columns), then warm up by running up to the intersection of Burnett Avenue & Twin Peaks Blvd. Please only bring things you can carry with you.

Taylor's workout:

We’re running Twin Peaks (NO APRIL FOOLS JOKES!!). It’s about .4 miles, 170ft of elevation from Burnett Avenue to the lookout / parking lot of Twin Peaks. We’ll run the first lap as a group and then continue repeats for 20 minutes (likely 2 - 3 additional times depending on pace).

This is a wonderfully fun run and great training for hilly races like the SF Marathon. It’ll also make a flat jog feel easy. 🙂

The warmup will be a casual group pace, but if you’d like to save more energy for the repeats feel free to join us at Burnett Avenue & Twin Peaks at around 6:45.

🔋 Post Workout:
We’ll plan to go to Finnegans Wake (937 Cole St), conveniently located on the descent from Twin Peaks. They have a backyard, but it's usually cold, so make sure to have a jacket. Join us for food and drinks!

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:

  • Sunday June 23rd - Tahoe Destination Race
  • Sunday July 28th - SF Marathon + Volunteering
✅ Membership:
Golden Gate Running Club is a non-profit organization. Membership dues help cover all of the events and perks that GGRC offers. Visit our RunSignup membership page to pay your 2024 dues! If you have any questions, let us know.

Have a great workout on Wednesday, see you all again next week!

-- Coach Lena