Weekly Workout - Wednesday June 5th: Mile Repeats on MLK

GGRC Coach

Jun 3, 2024, 3:25:40 PMJun 3
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, June 5th, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: Meeting at Kezar Stadium, the East Gate / Running at MLK

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Warm up
  • Workout
  • Cooldown
IMPORTANT: SFUSD is holding high school graduations at Kezar this week and the stadium is closed, so we'll be doing our workout in GGP instead.  We'll still meet at Kezar, but outside the East Gate (with the columns). We'll do our introductions there, then run into the park as our warmup and regroup at the corner of MLK Dr and Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive. Please only bring things you can carry with you, as we can't leave anything at Kezar.

🏃 Workout:
We'll be doing mile repeats on MLK DrWe'll start at Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr. and run to 19th Ave and back - this out and back totals approximately a mile. Between each repeat, recov will be a jog on Tea Garden Dr. to the DeYoung entrance (about 0.1 mi) and back:

image.png

I recommend doing the mile repeats at 5k pace. We'll go for about 25 minutes, so I suggest at least 2 repeats and 3 if you're feeling ambitious.

🔋 Post Workout:
Let's go to Fireside (603 Irving St, between 7th and 8th Ave) this week! They let you bring food as well, so join us for food and drinks!

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:

  • Sunday June 23rd - Tahoe Destination Race
  • Sunday July 28th - SF Marathon + Volunteering
✅ Membership:
Golden Gate Running Club is a non-profit organization. Membership dues help cover all of the events and perks that GGRC offers. Visit our RunSignup membership page to pay your 2024 dues! Returning members (from 2023) should renew through the RunSignup platform. If you have any questions about it, let us know.

See you at the East Gate at Kezar!

-- Coach Lena