Save the Date - Headlands Half - Sat Dec 11 ⛰️

Brent Nowak

Nov 6, 2021, 12:31:19 PM11/6/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Normally at this time of the year, we would be preparing for The North Face Endurance Challenge. Since they are no longer running the series, I thought it would be fun to go out for a self-supported "race" this December in place of the cancelled event.

When: Saturday, December 11
Where: Marin Headlands Visitor Center, 948 Fort Barry, Sausalito
Route: ~13.5 Miles
Elevation: ~2,400 ft
Facilities: Public bathroom and water at start location
Start Time: TBD, most likely sometime between 7-8 AM
Registration: Sign up Sheet, open to GGRC and friends

01.png
02.png

Notes:
1. This will be almost totally self-supported. I will be working with Jakob to organize a possible aid station and finish area tailgate with food & drinks. Be comfortable carrying enough food and water for an entire Half with you.
2. Not a beginner course. Come prepared to climb!
3. Race it, walk the climbs, or power hike the course -- pick your own adventure.
4. Rain or shine.
5. More details as we formalize the event.

-- Brent

Brent Nowak

Dec 3, 2021, 8:25:14 PM12/3/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
⛰️ So far we have 13 runners and 3 people assisting with the aid station!

📒 I'm going to finalize the routes and logistics this weekend, so it's not to late to add yourself to the signup sheet and join us for what should be an amazing day out of the trails.

Course Update
Option 1: Full 13.5 miles with 2.500ft elevation gain
Option 2: Cut one of the 800ft climbs, so total will be 10.5 miles total with ~only~ 1,700ft elevation gain

📋 Remember that this is an unofficial "race". No timing chips or awards, just you and the dirt.

⏲️ Feel free to run, run+walk, power walk, or help out at the aid station and patriciate in the tailgate.

--Brent