Kaiser Half Training Week 2

Takashi Mizohata

Dec 5, 2022, 2:54:32 AM12/5/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hey, all half marathon runners,

How was week 1? If this is the first time to run 4 times a week, you must feel tired. You will keep this for the next 10 weeks. Like one’s saying, “It’s a Marathon, not a sprint”. Well, I’m not your mom, so I won’t tell you what to eat. Take drugs whatever. But the training might feel a little more effortless if you are rested well. So get used to this, and focus on recovery. Maybe go to bed a bit earlier and stretch before bed. Set a routine for it.

If you want some ideas for stretching and are also using Strava, try the Recover Athletics app? Strava acquired the company, so you can use all of their contents if you’re subscribed to Strava Premium.

https://recoverathletics.com

This week:
  • Tue Dec 6, 6:30 AM Meet at McLaren Lodge. Easy run in GGP
  • Wed Dec 7, 6:15 PM Meet at Kezar. Tempo Interval
  • Sat Dec 10 TBD (Long run 100 min)
  • Sun Dec 11, 10 AM Meet at Warming Hut. Easy run

I will send you another email for individual guidance with pace suggestions for each training.

Also, are you keeping a training log? It doesn’t have to be a novel. Just simple, what feels good or bad is good. I go first:
  • Thu: 6:30 AM wasn’t too dark, and it wasn’t too wet. The 1K interval felt really good.
  • Sat: I was happy to see 11 people showing up.
  • Sun: It was a beautiful day. I had late nights a few days in a row. Planks was really hard for me with Colin running fast next to me.
You can send it to me privately. Or you can drop it on #2023-kaiser-half-training might be a good place too.

Onwards and upwards!

---
Coach Takashi