Weekly Workout – Wednesday, June 1: 1-mile repeat in GGP (Kezar CLOSED!)

Takashi Mizohata

May 30, 2022, 4:06:00 PM5/30/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, June 1, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: East Gate of Kezar Stadium (Fredrick & Willard St)

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Run to GGP
  • Workout
  • Cooldown

🏃 Workout:
High School graduation happens at Kezar this week. We will still meet at Kezar, but the outside of East Gate (Fredrick & Willard St). Then we run to GGP. We will do a 1-mile loop from the fork of MLK Dr and Bowling Green Dr (see the map below).

The 1-mile loop is Bowling Green Drive - Nancy Pelosi Drive - Martin Luther King Drive. All left turns. We'll run as a group for the first lap as warm up. After that, I recommend 5K pace, 3 more loops, but that's up to you. We'll wrap up in about 25 ~ 30 minutes and do a quick stretch.

1mile.png

🔋 Post Workout:
After the workout, let's go to Yancy's Saloon (734 Irving St, between 8th and 9th Ave). It's a dive bar where you can bring your own food. There are many food options around the area. So join us for food and drinks too.

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • June 5 - San Diego Rock'n'Roll (Road) 5k, HM, Marathon - THIS WEEKEND!
  • June 25 - (Non-Club Race) UCR Angel Island 5 Mile/Half Marathon
  • July 24 - San Francisco Marathon Aid Station Volunteer: It's fun; I promise
  • August 27 - Alameda 10 Miler (Road)

🌅 Morning Runs:
Some of us run in the morning from Baker and Fell St. Conversation happens on Slack. Ask us how to join Slack.

Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you at the track!

--Coach Takashi