Weekly Workout - Wednesday April 3rd: Twin Peaks Repeats :))

GGRC Coach

Apr 1, 2024, 6:58:43 PMApr 1
to Golden Gate Running Club

🕕 When: Wed, April 3rd, 6:15 PM

📍 Where: The Southside homestretch of Kezar Stadium

📋 Format:

  • Introductions

  • Warm up

  • Workout

  • Cooldown

🏃 Workout:

We'll be doing Twin Peaks repeats this week!

We'll run up Stanyan -> 17th St -> Twin Peaks Blvd, up and over the peaks, then back down for 1 rep. Each rep will be about 900 ft of elevation, at around 10k pace. I recommend at least 6 repeats, but if you want to push yourself you can do 7 or 8. Our cooldown will be running down to the beach and back up!

For such a strenuous workout, it's important to keep a couple things in mind:

  • Bring your own hydration/drink plenty of water
  • Make sure to warm up sufficiently before
  • Happy April 1st!!

Our (real) workout this week is 400-meter repeats:

  • Distance: 400 meters (1 full lap of the track).

  • Recovery: 200 meters (half a lap). Walk or jog lightly based on your comfort.

  • Pace: Aim for your 5K to 10K race pace.

  • Repeats: Aim at least 5 times. At a faster pace you might do 8 or 9 times.

As usual, we'll do the session for around 25 minutes. Challenge yourselves to see how many repeats you can fit into this timeframe!

And, as always, team up to form pace groups – it's a great way to have accountability partners!

🔋 Post Workout:

Let’s go to Red Tail (545 Irving Street, between 6th and 7th Ave). Like the other places, they let you bring food as well. So join us for food and drinks too!

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:

  • Saturday April 13th - Rodeo Beach Rumble
  • Sunday May 19th - Bay to Breakers

✅ Membership:

Golden Gate Running Club is a non-profit organization. Membership dues help cover all of the events and perks that GGRC offers. Visit our RunSignup membership page to pay your 2024 dues! Returning members (from 2023) should renew through the RunSignup platform. If you have any questions about it, let us know.

Happy April Fools' Day, and see you at Kezar!

-- Coach Lena