2022 GGRC Board Interest

GGRC President

Sep 18, 2021, 4:46:39 PM9/18/21
to Golden Gate Running Club

Hey GGRC,

It’s hard to believe, but it’s almost time to start planning for the 2022 club year! With that, we are looking for a fresh group of leaders to continue organizing the club in the upcoming year! As we’ve been delighted to have so many new members join us this year, I wanted to give you all a preview of what we are looking for in the next group of GGRC board members and how the nomination process will work in the coming months!

If you have great ideas for the club moving forward that you want to help enact, or feel like the club has given you so much (even if you’ve been with us for a few months) and you want to pay it forward, then you should consider running for a position on the board. We will have spots open, and if you are interested in filling one of the positions listed below or if you just want to learn more, come and talk to any one of us on the current board! No further action needed beyond that yet.

How it will work:

  1. Call for nominations will be sent out in mid October. This is where people can nominate themselves to fill any one of the open roles.

  2. Voting in early November - Trust me, this part isn’t as scary as it seems. Voting only happens if more than one person have nominated themselves for the same role. We share a list during the nomination process of who is in the running for each position, so you would know in advance if someone else is also vying for that position

  3. New board is announced mid-December - Following Christmas relays, we have an end-of-year party to ring in the new board. There will also be a separate transition meeting from the 2021 board to the 2022 board.

Description of Positions:

Regardless of individual position, all board members are expected to deliver on the following:

  • Fulfill 12 month commitment throughout the calendar year elected for

  • Make every attempt to participate in the majority of club events including: Sunday run, Wednesday track, social events & club races

  • Be an ambassador to all new members making them feel welcome

  • Be a positive force and friend to all club members

  • Provide safety & guidance during runs (ensure nobody is running alone or gets lost)

  • Answering any questions relating to their specific role and the club at large

  • Regularly attend quarterly officer board meetings and participate in overall decision-making and generating ideas for the club

 President

The president is responsible for leading the club in all aspects; steering the direction of the club, serving as chief motivator to new and current members, providing guidance to other board members, ensuring leadership is present at Sunday runs, representing the club in the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), organizing, administering & chairing GGRC board meetings to achieve majority consensus on key topics.

Coach

The coach is responsible for leading the Wednesday track workouts & posting them to the group each week, guiding the workouts to align with club races, provide training plans for key club races & answering any running-related questions.  They ensure runners are acting safely while participating (whether it is on the track or in an alternate location).

Social Chair

The social chair plans, communicates & coordinates all social events (minimum one/month) including the annual club banquet, consisting of: choosing/booking a venue & date, organizing food & beverage, potential swag & entertainment for the event.  They also insure unity and inclusion within the club.

Race Coordinator

The race coordinator selects a race calendar fitting for GGRC, including: rallying club participants, negotiating club discounts whenever possible, and coordinating logistics for pre & post-race events (meals, after parties, hotels, transportation, etc.)  To ensure the best for the club, the race calendar is set for April – March (vs the calendar year) so members can plan for events properly.

Treasurer & Membership

The treasurer is responsible for all financial scenarios including: tracking membership payments & roster, sending annual dues to RRCA, tracking club spend against set budget goals and providing annual tax reporting.  Regarding membership, the treasurer: sends welcome emails to all new members upon sign up, greets them during initial attendance and ensures a smooth transition into becoming a club member.

Communications Chair

The communications chair is responsible for consistent positive messaging to the club about club events, runs or members. They maintain GGRC’s various electronic media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Strava, Yelp, the Google group and the club’s website & ensure cohesive branding and messaging. They publish blog posts and race reports on the GGRC website, as well.

Merchandise Coordinator

The merchandise coordinator selects the apparel and products the club’s official logo will appear on for club member purchase in order to promote brand unity and club cohesion.  They work with the third party to select the products, open the store (2-3 times/year) for purchasing, and distribute orders.

Questions about a position? Reach out to the current board members to get their thoughts on the role - don’t be shy!

If you have questions about the election process, please reach out to me!

Renee H.

2021 GGRC President